fully modded 328ci in amateur DTM championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter advanR
  • 2 comments
  • 389 views

advanR

(Banned)
Messages
1,389
I hadent tried drving the 328ci yet. I had some fun with it, then i fully modded it. I was surprised how well it does when fully modded. It has about the same power as the other DTM cars, and weighs quite a bit more. It also has no downforce. Yet it is very fun to race in this championship. It is really tough to fight for the win in a 3 lap sprint race. To make it more interesting, start from 6th each race.

I dont go into each race with the intention to win. I go in into each race trying to get as many points as possible to score well in the overall championship. Because the other cars are very even, you wont be fighting with only one other car for the whole championship. So you dont really have to worry about winning 3 out of 5, and placing 2nd for the rest.

I will see if I can find other series' that the car competes well in. The car really handles the power well. I was surprised that with no downforce it can take long sweepers full throttle. The car has just enough oversteer to allow yourself to put it where you want it. (You wont find yourself understeering onto the grass when you are using full throttle. The car handles 470hp well.) But not too much, so you are sliding everywhere.

And what is most fun about racing the DTM cars, is when you find youself behind another car, and trying desperately to find a way past them, while keeping your finger over the brake so you dont meet. I really wish the game had a damage model, but for now i will just have to pretend.

Try it out. Tell me what you think.
 
This is kind of simmilar to one of my recent challenges.

I modified a Z06 vette to around 450bhp and raced it in the JGTC cup. I did allot of suspension and gear tweaking but the car still did not handle as well as the JGTC cars and it liked to shred tyres (I was running medium hards) but it was a challenging and fun race, with me chasing in 3rd or second. Even when I was in first the the AI was only about a second away.

Usually I can blow away the Ai with a JGTC car.

Although I couldn't get very good results with the 328i myself, mine just had too much oversteer.
 
I will check my settings on it, but i think i had the sway bars oddly balanced to reduce oversteer a bit. I had a bit of oversteer, but not too much at all. A little oversteer is always fun, and quicker than an understeering car.

I think there should be a forum section where we can post good challenges, where you race a certain series with a certain car.

I remember i won the ssr11 enduro with a denso sard supra. that was against the toyota gtone, r390gtr1, and others. The 787b wasnt in that race, but i think i remember that the gtone was actually faster than the 787b for that circuit. It was really challenging. I was using medium hards i think.
 
Back