Fun and Games at the Nurburgring - Endurance Races - - sponsored by Corona & #stayhome

• Thread starter das89ca
  • 1 comments
Austria
Austria
As the Nurburgring 24H race was postponed and all racing is cancelled I am inviting you to race during the lockdown time(and hopefully after).

As the title says - focus of these races is the Nurburgring (in both variants - N24 and the Nordschleife). I am thinking about something similar to the VLN championship with a focus on team/manufacturer racing.

There will be two stages:

Pre-season:
2 races - 90 minutes endurance race - N24 in Gr.3 and Nordschleife in Gr.4.

If we have enough people interested we can do then a full season:

4 races at N24(2xGroup 3, 2xGroup 4) - 90 minutes
4 races on Nordschleife (2xGroup3, 2xGroup4) - 90 minutes

1 Final race - 3h endurance race(either multiclass or we vote for a class).

Rules:
Most important rule is clean racing. Incidents will be solved between drivers - the driver at fault will have to wait for the other driver and give the position back. In case this does not happen by various reasons(nobody accept blame for example) the replay will be checked after the race and the driver at fault will get a 30s penalty(added to the finishing time).

We will use heavy damage and no ghosting. No side contact and no wall penalties - only penalties active will be the track limits. I am hoping that we can drive clean and respectful - if this is not the case the driver at fault will get two warnings. Third time he will be disqualified.

Race schedule to be decided based on people availability. I am available usually during weekdays in the evening(between 17:00 and 22:00 GMT) and in the weekend - a bit more flexible.

The schedule for a race should be the following: 20 minutes free practice, 20 minutes qualifying, 90 minutes Endurance race. During the race there is a mandatory PitStop of 4 minutes(for refreshing, bathroom break etc) - this has to be performed by pitting and waiting in the "change tyres" screen for 4 minutes. After the 4 minutes pass, changing tyres and fuel can be done as usual. All drivers need to inform after the race in which lap the mandatory PitStop was performed. If no mandatory PitStop is done, there will be a 6 minutes penalty added to finishing time.

Except the Mandatory PitStop, drivers can pit as they want. I plan to use normal fuel and tyre wear, but in case is needed we might go 2x.

Participants:

People who want to join can subscribe in this thread. There will be 8 Manufacturers, voted by the participants. Each manufacturer will have 2 cars - teams will be created based on skill.(we can either use DR or we can do some sort of season seeding based on a 30 minutes timetrial session). The goal is to have the teams as close as possible.

Did not think yet of a point system - maybe the F1 system can be used. This can be discussed with the participants. We will fight for the driver champion title and manufacturer title.

People who subscribe first have priority and have the seats. If there are empty spaces we can create a reserve list for people to fill the gaps. I would really like that the people who subscribe are serious and stay during the season.

Liveries: Would be nice to use personal liveries - but with a traditional look. Members of the same team should use similar colours and sponsors - at least main one. Sponsors with historical ties with the manufacturer are preferred.

My first goal is to get the preseason races populated. Then we'll see if we go full season or not. If you are interested in joining please subscribe in the thread using the following form:

PSN ID: DSCeM_dasca
Preferred Manufacturer(3 options): 1. Porsche 2. Ferrari 3. Mercedes
Availability(Full season or just preseason): Full season
DR: High B - Low A (26.000-33000 in the last month).

Back