Fun for awhile

• Thread starter RacingAF
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
With all this game has to offer I'm already bored to tears with it... You can adjust anything on the car and set any conditions but the lack of any editable options of drivers or cars makes for a flat experience after a while unless you race online (which I hate)... No since of rivalries racing against random A.I. drivers that change every race and no custom season mode makes me wonder why they billed this game as having as many options as PC...It doesn't... Something as simple as editing drivers names can't be achieved is a horrible oversight... Will any developer ever get it right?

Not sure what you mean by having as many options as PC. If you mean the console version compared to the PC version then it pretty much does, an exception being custom liveries but that was pretty well known in advance.

As for editing driver names, most games don't let you do that and I fail to see how that would really make anything more exciting.

Custom season mode would be cool to have, may even be something we get at some point but no biggie. You can do custom races against a large field of AI which is pretty cool and there are lots of options.

Not sure what you mean by having as many options as PC. If you mean the console version compared to the PC version then it pretty much does, an exception being custom liveries but that was pretty well known in advance.

As for editing driver names, most games don't let you do that and I fail to see how that would really make anything more exciting.

Custom season mode would be cool to have, may even be something we get at some point but no biggie. You can do custom races against a large field of AI which is pretty cool and there are lots of options.
Yeah most games don't allow to edit A.I names but they have the same name on the same livery -These change evey race and for people like me that's a big problem...I create my own custom seasons by writing down the top ten drivers on my own points system...This is impossible with this game... You can't even see which livery won the race.. I mean really? Lol...

Agree with everything said here.

With the current state of the AI system, competitive single player replay value takes a massive hit compared to what it should be.

For the sake of a comparison, I highly recommend that anyone with a PC should track down NR2003 and the NRatings and WCPoints utilities. In my experience, it still remains as the most engaging single player championship experience in all of simracing and I think we would all benefit from current developers experiencing this for themselves. Unfortunately, this level of immersion simply isn't possible in PCARS right now and it's a real shame.

Lol...We
Actually most of the time I can, it is the one I am driving ;)
Lol...Well I'm not that talented and for me it's about chasing points getting the best finishes against good AI opponents that I can keep track of and even have rivalries with but on this game I can only track myself and as great as it is it gets boring .. No Replayablity!!!

With the current state of the AI system, competitive single player replay value takes a massive hit compared to what it should be.

For the sake of a comparison, I highly recommend that anyone with a PC should track down NR2003 and the NRatings and WCPoints utilities. In my experience, it still remains as the most engaging single player championship experience in all of simracing and I think we would all benefit from current developers experiencing this for themselves. Unfortunately, this level of immersion simply isn't possible in PCARS right now and it's a real shame.
Yes what he said!!!...

I agree with the NR2003 benchmark its physics were so good i belive its still the basic game engine for iRacing altho reworked

I think the trouble with most software companys today they go for ashetics above actuall game play which doesnt make the game absorbing or give it longetivity

Personally i still beleive pCars to be the best racing sim on a console however the AI does need a tweek ,Yesterday i did a full Nascar race at Watkins Glen using 42 AI drivers 26 of them were running at 1:10 to 1:11 the other 16 were ranging from 1:17 to 1:27

The Drop in AI competiveness ruined the race as the first four laps would all have been cautions and i think that is probably the main problem if the full feild was running 1:10 to 1:12 then 95% of AI mistakes would dissapear

But once i got into the middle of the pack the race was very absorbing and a lot of fun

Back