"Fun" Races...

  • Thread starter Thread starter jacobsen1
  • 15 comments
  • 1,004 views
Messages
1
I just started a new save over the weekend, and I'm looking for some new fun races. My "real" save is at 93% with everything except missions and the F1 series complete. I'm looking for some fun close races against the CPU. My 2 favorite cars are the 350Z and the STi (I own a WRX in real life). I tend to fully modify any car I buy. What races are relatively competitive with either of these car fully modified?

Thanks,
Ben
 
If you're a really good driver, you could try the JGTC Championship with one of those cars. The opposition is good, but if you do your best you can stand a chance 👍
 
or run any race in a stock car that has less power/gears than opponents.
 
Leonidae
or run any race in a stock car that has less power/gears than opponents.

i doubt the number of gears has much to do with it..
 
gibus
i doubt the number of gears has much to do with it..


Gear Ratios don't mean anything. Horsepwer and Weight are more critical to A-Spec Points.
 
there are a few options...
buy used cars... tune em and race in streets courses (hard) in special condicions...

find a lm car (like minolta toyota) and race in formula gt....

race with super cars ( like mercedes slr600 or ford gt05 ) in tsakuba wet or the gran turismo world championship... (i won with a mercedes sl65amg)

buy a car like honda s2000 ( not over 400 hp and fr) and race in the rallies like el capitan or swiss alps....

buy a car who can reach 500hp (all tuned) and race in all japan gt....

or... if you wanna say alot of bad words... with an fr car (max hp possible)
in snow rallyes
 
karras85
there are a few options...
buy used cars... tune em and race in streets courses (hard) in special condicions...

find a lm car (like minolta toyota) and race in formula gt....

race with super cars ( like mercedes slr600 or ford gt05 ) in tsakuba wet or the gran turismo world championship... (i won with a mercedes sl65amg)

buy a car like honda s2000 ( not over 400 hp and fr) and race in the rallies like el capitan or swiss alps....

buy a car who can reach 500hp (all tuned) and race in all japan gt....

or... if you wanna say alot of bad words... with an fr car (max hp possible)
in snow rallyes

I'd like to see some proof of you beating LMPs with a SL65 AMG. Sure it can get 999hp and over 1000ft.lbs of torque, but it is heavy. Maybe...just maybe you could win with nitrous, but even that I doubt.
 
I'm with Ebiggs on that one...that car is just darn heavy even after lighting the load of it

how can you stand the rally races??? they are just for the user to say interesting words afterwards and during and gives the user's controller to feel like a bird hitting a windsheild...in this case it hits the tv screen...but you get the picture, lol
 
Ermac26
I'm with Ebiggs on that one...that car is just darn heavy even after lighting the load of it

how can you stand the rally races??? they are just for the user to say interesting words afterwards and during and gives the user's controller to feel like a bird hitting a windsheild...in this case it hits the tv screen...but you get the picture, lol
I've never had a bird hit my window.....
 
Try Laguna Seca 200 miles. Fully tunning is not neccesary. If you use S1 tyres, the stanndings is "shaky" and race very funny. By the way, you can allow some mistakes and still able to win.
 
Races I have especially enjoyed were Race of the Red Emblem and Nurburgring 4 hr
 
Post #64 here.

9 hours of non-stop racing excitement with only a 29s gap at the end. Doesn't get much more fun than that!

Don't rely totally on "modified to the max" cars. There's very few places where the AI runs anything like that, so you'll end up trouncing them.

The race I mentioned I won in a used car that I didn't even bother to change the oil on, it gives closer, and therefore more fun races. ;)
 
gibus
i doubt the number of gears has much to do with it..

well, have you driven Chaparrals yet? and, if you use stock car, and have a go with a mk1 Golf GTi against, let's say Lupo GTi, you'll notice a slight difference..💡
 
The Opel Speedster races are pretty fun and challenging too.They are 200 A-Spec points races anytime I do them and usually I only ever win by a second or two.Dicing with the other cars the whole way through is good fun.
 
There are some good race events in GT4.
Try the Japanese Championship, use the Mazda RX8 Concept II stock and add NOS. Nice close races with the RX7 and NSX for 195 points.
The NSX and RX7 are faster in a straight line if you dont use NOS and you can use qualifing to send the NSX to the back of the field with some well timed blocking or rear ending into the sand.
 
Uncle Harry's post has just reminded me how much fun this championship can be, if you pick the right field and the right car, a stock ride even without NOS should give excellent races.

Like these.:D
 
Back