fun

the game can get some more tuning, i know this is a 'racing' game, but it wouldn't hurt to add positive camber and make the degrees go higher for some extreme camber, some more tuning abilities and customization(like underglow) just for some arcade fun.

Last edited:
the game can get some more tuning, i know this is a 'racing' game, but it wouldn't hurt to add positive camber and make the degrees go higher for some extreme camber, some more tuning abilities and customization(like underglow) just for some arcade fun.
Why positive camber especially in most of these applications? As for negative camber, you can already go to -6 degrees from what I remember which is really extreme to begin with.

positive camber is top of the tire leaning out wards.

Underglow isnt allowed on track

Only tuning it needs is just the possibility to have asymmetrical settings.
It's nonsense having ovals on the game and only being able to run symmetrical setups.

Ok, and tire pressures.

For neons, underglow and such stuff, there are many titles on the market more focused on those aspects.

Positive camber would be useful for drifting
then why do IRL drifters use negative camber?
IRL drifters tilt the tire top inward which is negative camber.

Last edited:
Yeah, GT is the wrong game for that.
1659541188451.png

Ah yes, so wrong.

then why do IRL drifters use negative camber?
IRL drifters tilt the tire top inward which is negative camber.

Front tyres negative camber gives the tyre where the weight is more contact patch on opposite lock, some drifters in higher powered cars here in the UK and Sweden have started running positive camber on the rears so when the car squats under acceleration during the drift the rear tyres provide more grip

Front tyres negative camber gives the tyre where the weight is more contact patch on opposite lock, some drifters in higher powered cars here in the UK and Sweden have started running positive camber on the rears so when the car squats under acceleration during the drift the rear tyres provide more grip
why would postive camber help the car squat? do you have a picture or a write up about drifters running positive camber?

why would postive camber help the car squat? do you have a picture or a write up about drifters running positive camber?

Taken as is from
I depend on it as being valid information
Positive Camber
Unlike on the front wheels of a car, positive camber can be sued to an advantage within motorsport, but only in particular circumstances and only a few areas of motorsport. The positive camber would reduce initial acceleration and increase the top speed for similar reasons to negative camber. The braking efficiency of the rear tyres would be reduced and the tyre life also reduced.

On a stiff suspension set up with zero to little camber gain; having positive camber on the rear wheels would reduce the grip when cornering as the contact patch would reduce as the car rolls off the tyre even more through the corner, leading to unwanted oversteer.

However, in situations where a car has a soft suspension set up and camber gain in the suspension system, such as a lowered road car, having positive camber gain as static can increase the contact patch when the throttle is being applied and during cornering. This is due to the rear of the car squatting under acceleration and the camber gain decreases the positive camber and makes the tyre flat with the ground. This will give maximum acceleration form the tyre. Also if the suspension is soft, then during cornering, the loaded tyre will be moved up in the arch, and will generate negative camber to roll onto the tyre to generate maximum cornering grip. This scenario can be seen in categories such as rallying, rally cross and drifting.

Last edited:
I have been tracking cars IRL for 23 year and not once have I seen a positive camber car that wasnt prewar.
Frequently oval cars will run positive camber on the left front tire. Many OEM road cars run .25 to .50 positive camber also.

Last edited:
Yeah, GT is the wrong game for that.
The game has rally, drag, and drifting. It has tuning and a body shop with kits and some customization options. It’s obviously trying to do more than one thing and could do them better.

No its just personal experience in the drift scene, and physics / geometry when you experience squat on the rear end the rear tyres experience negative camber as the rear squats, this reduces contact patch reducing grip, some drifters especially in big 1khp + supras etc have stuck positive camber on their cars so when they accelerate during the drift the car increases contact patch on the rear by effectively reducing the positive camber to a zero camber

No its just personal experience in the drift scene, and physics / geometry when you experience squat on the rear end the rear tyres experience negative camber as the rear squats, this reduces contact patch reducing grip, some drifters especially in big 1khp + supras etc have stuck positive camber on their cars so when they accelerate during the drift the car increases contact patch on the rear by effectively reducing the positive camber to a zero camber
But this would only work in a straight line right? depending on how the rear geometry is setup,
When in a corner with lateral forces and body roll surely this would mean that the gain in contact patch is now lost?

The game has rally, drag, and drifting. It has tuning and a body shop with kits and some customization options. It’s obviously trying to do more than one thing and could do them better.
And sucks at most of them. One more reason to not wish they add more stuff poorly implemented.
PD track record shows they can't get things better through out time, quite the opposite. Rally is worst every single title, so is drifting, drag racing only in licenses/missions context not real competition, and most of settings adjustments and respective behavior adjustments make no sense at all IRL.

Here's a pic of a drift car with rear, positive camber:

1659633725881.png

.....but again, we're talking positive camber being used in very unique scenarios and the above is probably a more extreme example in an application beyond just some trend for aesthetic reasons.

Even the example someone else gave about "many" factory cars commonly having some positive camber but even in those situations it's usually ever so slight (likely imperceivable without measurement). ....and those are vehicles that will be typically be driven on highways, on commutes, etc.

The OP is talking about extremes here though and beyond drifting, oval track, off-road and early race cars, I just don't see the point in this game considering the majority of the applications (e.g. GT and track car racing) as I mentioned earlier. ....unless of course they are talking purely for some sort of aesthetic reason like the under glow lighting which is not my thing (even in this game) but to each their own.

In either case, I think the OP actually meant to say extreme negative camber, not positive.

Last edited:
But this would only work in a straight line right? depending on how the rear geometry is setup,
When in a corner with lateral forces and body roll surely this would mean that the gain in contact patch is now lost?
To a degree sort of not and I'm no expert but body roll would surely put more force onto the rear wheel that has the most weight transfer thus compressing the spring and increasing negative camber on that wheel therefore positive camber would again negate that to a degree, lateral forces are getting well above my pay grade

Here's a pic of a drift car with rear, positive camber:

View attachment 1180570

.....but again, we're talking positive camber being used in very unique scenarios and the above is probably a more extreme example in an application beyond just some trend for aesthetic reasons.

Even the example someone else gave about "many" factory cars commonly having some positive camber but even in those situations it's usually ever so slight (likely imperceivable without measurement). ....and those are vehicles that will be typically be driven on highways, on commutes, etc.

The OP is talking about extremes here though and beyond drifting, oval track, off-road and early race cars, I just don't see the point in this game considering the majority of the applications (e.g. GT and track car racing) as I mentioned earlier. ....unless of course they are talking purely for some sort of aesthetic reason like the under glow lighting which is not my thing (even in this game) but to each their own.

In either case, I think the OP actually meant to say extreme negative camber, not positive.
The fact gt7 has drift specific missions and drift trial options etc surely should allow for positive camber settings,

The fact gt7 has drift specific missions and drift trial options etc surely should allow for positive camber settings,
but you can nt adjust any setting for the drift missions...

but I will probably zero out any of my in game cars in the rear for drifting.

....and I'm not necessarily saying it shouldn't. That wasn't my point.
Yeah sorry I think I may have misunderstood, mu point is I know it's a very specific use for positive camber however because drifting is in the game it would be useful

but you can nt adjust any setting for the drift missions...

but I will probably zero out any of my in game cars in the rear for drifting.
Yeah I understand however for maxing out scores for drift trial and general drift lobbies etc it would be useful

Frequently oval cars will run positive camber on the left front tire. Many OEM road cars run .25 to .50 positive camber also.
I was coming here to say this.

Positive camber is mostly an oval thing. Adding it to GT7 would add some realism to the tuning settings for NASCAR-style builds.

Back