Funny angle in hood can.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Is this normal? Hood cam in the gr4 Hurucan pointed really far down. So low that penalty/petrol warnings are right in the middle of the screen and block the view:

Bottom two pictures are hood cam. Actually looks like the camera is on the roof!

Some cars have the hood cam just above the windscreen for some reason. I don't really understand why, and it seems random which cars use this camera placement and which cars don't.

PD have never been good at implementing a proper hood cam. GT6 had hood cam & roof cam, & sometimes one looked like the other. GT Sport only has roof cam as far as I can remember, but some of them look like hood cams. It's all very poorly done in many cases.

I'm confident the "hood cam" is on the roof in all cars. When you're in traffic it's easier to see around you because your sight line is above other cars. IMO it's why you see a lot of faster drivers using this cam. Additionally the taller cars have better visibility, it's not a fixed "roof height".

The problem is some of them are pointed way too far down, the F1500T has this problem as well.

I think it has something to do with the ratio of front roof to front of hood.

Back