Funny look back at old news

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nemo2
  • 14 comments
  • 842 views
Messages
516
United States
Washington DC, USA
I was looking through some of the original preliminary news about Gran turismo 4 and I found some pretty funny reports, my fav is the IGN article claim 2000 cars(dream on:guilty: :guilty: :guilty: )!! Feel free to post your own old news that looks funny in light of the newer confirmed reports....

"April 14, 2003 - According to several online gaming sites, including Magic Box and Spong, rumors are flying out of Japan claiming that Gran Turismo 4 will feature 2,000 cars, more than 100 tracks, and be fully compatible with the PS2 Network Adapter.

Additionally, the game is said to have a new online battle mode which allows up to eight players simultaneously. Rumors also suggest the inclusion of online car trading, and full support for voice chat using a compatible headset. If the rumored inclusion of voice chat is true, it would imply that the game may support only broadband connections due to bandwidth considerations.

While all of these details are strictly rumors, some border on believable, even likely. But having 2,000 cars and 100 tracks is pretty far out there. Still, stranger things have happened, and the prospect is intriguing nonetheless.

Expect a full blowout on Gran Turismo 4 at this year's E3. Until then, why not talk about the 2,000 cars you'd like to see in the game on our official Gran Turismo board. "
or check out the website at: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/393/393494p1.html
 
GT-One Lover
Oahhhh I Want Gt4!!!miiiaaaouuu!!

I beleive 40,000 members here have said that already. Its beated the horse dead already.
 
Oahhhh I Want Gt4!!!miiiaaaouuu!!
40,001 now !!
sorry had to be done
 
...and what about :
"""lololololissimooooo!!!ehhhmm.....i GT4 ehhhmm...want!!!wooofff!!!:lol::lol::lol::):)
 
Is this where I start a thread called "i want (insert car) to be in GT4", and then talk crap in the thread as if Gt4 MUST HAVE this car, and how how it's so much better then every car ever?
 
I think at one point they said GT4 would have 200 tracks, 100+ reverse. :eek:
 
When they first saw the pics of the Evo rally car on the snow track rendered amazingly they though it was in game :eek: :eek: :eek: .........they couldnt believe it!!!!! It will probably look like that in GT5
 
No wait, not ALL of us, only the stupid ones. I remember those days, those dodgy cgi renders being touted as in game, and me and a few others rubbishing those silly people. Oh those were the days.
 
code_kev
No wait, not ALL of us, only the stupid ones. I remember those days, those dodgy cgi renders being touted as in game, and me and a few others rubbishing those silly people. Oh those were the days.
Yep you and a few others :).

I don't recall anything about GT4 thats not been mentioned, but I do remeber reading that GT3 would have 1000 cars way back in 99. How wrong that was, I think it was either PLAY or CVG.
 
code_kev
No wait, not ALL of us, only the stupid ones. I remember those days, those dodgy cgi renders being touted as in game, and me and a few others rubbishing those silly people. Oh those were the days.


HAHAHA I remember those days, I bought my first video game expecting it to look like the box art, boy was i in for a surprise, heheh :dunce:
 
live4speed
Yep you and a few others :).

I don't recall anything about GT4 thats not been mentioned, but I do remeber reading that GT3 would have 1000 cars way back in 99. How wrong that was, I think it was either PLAY or CVG.

That was funny! Wow, in just 2 years, it went from a 1000 to 186.
 
Who needs a dedicated thread? Look at the 460MB video thread, there's exciting old news still being posted.

Go team.
 
Back