Funny 'small world' story

  • Thread starter Thread starter sesselpupser
  • 23 comments
  • 2,518 views

sesselpupser

Pileated member
Premium
Messages
9,406
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
neema_t
I'm pretty sure this isn't the right place for this, but it seems like the most right place so I'm going to leave it here, I'm sure a mod will move it if it's too offensive.

Anyway. I'm a member of Pistonheads.com, which, for those unfamiliar, is a motoring news/banter site. I don't post often, though, mainly because GT Planet is the only forum I spend any time on.

I posted aaaages ago in a thread there about Borderlands or maybe even GTA IV (I think, it may have been a more general gaming thread), someone just got a PS3 and had no one on their friends list to get online with so I posted my PSN and so on.

A while back I got a friend request from a user called 'flat_steve' who said he saw my PSN on Pistonheads and needed people to play online with, so I accepted the add but never played anything online with him after that, and that was the end of that.

Then just after I got GT5 I saw an RX-7 FD3S RS-R in the UCD. I don't remember ever seeing anything about an RS-R before; Type R, Bathurst R, Spirit R Type A I knew about, but the RS-R I'd never seen. I wanted to know what was special about it so, naturally, I Googled it.

I couldn't find much except for two threads posted back in 2006 (or was it 2004 even? I can't remember) on two different forums, some guy was trying to sell his RX-7 RS-R, he believed it to be one of only two in the UK and he kept it in absolutely pristine condition, in the photos it shined like a mirror. I saw the username of the OP, it was none other than flat_steve.

I messaged him on PSN if he had sold an RX-7 RS-R a few years back and explained how I found the threads. He said he had, so it was the same vertically challenged Steve. He told me why he had to get something more practical, and it was clear he loved that car from the care he took of it. However, he didn't have GT5 at the time (it was to be a Christmas present, apparently!), so I bought it to hold on to for him (the RX-7, not GT5).

He has GT5 now so after this race is over (136/200 laps of Indy) I'm going to gift it to him. Given that the RS-R isn't that rare I wouldn't be surprised if he already has it, though!

I know this is not nearly as interesting as it should be to warrant me posting a new thread about it but I figured some people might like to hear a story like that, makes a change from the complaining, moaning and general negative attitude this forum can have sometimes (did I really see a thread complaining about the seasonal events on my way here?)...


Anyone else have any similar stories to share?
 
Cool story, bro.

No, seriously it's a good story. 👍
 
I knew that was coming.
 
You softened my heart.
 
oh_rly.jpg
 
Hey man, you've showed good spirit and I appreciate that, it's not common nowadays.... thanks for the good read 👍
 
Thats one of the main things I love about the GT series. I get to go back and drive some of the old cars I have owned and loved in the past that I ended up parting ways with.

I am sure he will think it is awesome that you remembered that and sent him the car even if he already has it.
 
I have a "small world" story on Grand Theft Auto 4 once. I played with a guy online, added him but never played with him again. A few months later, I saw him again and we added each other again. Now we play GTA4 online every few weeks or so. Pretty cool, I guess.
 
Last edited:
Slightly similiar..but not so good.

One of my best friends has got a Golf mkIV gti 20v, I had a quick look in the new VW dealership (on GT5) and saw one in there (exactly the same colour but 5 door), his car is dark green and a 3dr, which is relatively uncommon, haven't seen another one on the road since he bought it a few years back.

So for christmas, I bought two of these, one I Race Modified and used the paint chip from the road car to paint the RM golf dark green, then added some BBS wheels to them both (just like he has in real life).

I then went to work on the road car, fully lightened it, suspension, LSD, engine to 260bhp - basically, the works.

He went away for christmas to see his family (which is when I sent them to his ID), came back, switched on his PS and GT5 and I saw his logon appear - online.

Five minutes later, mobile rang, it was him and he loved them both.

Cool...

;) ;) ;)
 
Dude you should call Steve, he might end up being your best friend of the rest of your life.
 
Its nice to see a thread thats not whining about GT5 this, and Kaz should have done this, and why cant PD make the game I want them to make.

Very nice read 👍
 
This story is abit like when my dad googled his lotus's registration number and came across a thread in 2000 from the first owner of the car asking questions about some upgrades he did on the car that my dad never knew were on the car.
 
Itd be funny if he was also on gtplanet, If you had put a trade up for one of your vehicles, and he sent you a message telling you to add his psn

Nice story
 
Nice story. Makes a nice change from reading millions of threads about what car should next be turned "premium" :)

Have to admit I've never heard of a RX-7 FD3S RS-R either. What's so different about it?
 
Good story. Nice of you to grab the RS-R for him. 👍
 
i wasnt into reading but i actually read this lol good story =)
 
Yeah that was a good read. Thanks for that. 👍
 
Thats awesome man. In the days of gt5p I usually raced daytona online and had a rival who was racing almost everytime I was, we always ended up battling each other,I never saw him for like a year, was playing gt5 online a couple weeks ago, join a room and low and behold there he was. We both noticed the same time and lost it lol added him up this time and are more team mates now lol What are the odds.
If anyone wants to add me my ID is G-R-A-G
All I ask is your a clean driver and please state you are from GTP
Cheers
 
Good story, love the sentiment. Clicked the link, his RX7 looked sweet.
 
Back