Futurama Returns?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 16 comments
  • 857 views

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
Messages
92,465
United Kingdom
Rule 12
Messages
GTP_Famine
Oh. Your. God.

Can it be true?


Variety reports that talks have begun at 20th Century Fox TV to revive the animated series Futurama, which takes place in the next millennium.

The studio is in early discussions to put Futurama back in production and create a limited number of episodes of the Emmy Award-winning series -- although it's too soon to tell where those episodes might end up, adds the trade.

The final original episode of Futurama aired on Fox in August 2003. But since then, the series has found new life -- and fans -- via DVD releases and repeatedly high-rated airings on the Cartoon Network.

Futurama remains popular enough that Comedy Central even stole away off-net rights to the show's repeats late last year; it will switch to the comedy channel in 2008.

A similar resurgence in interest for Family Guy persuaded 20th Century Fox TV to revive that show, which has produced two seasons of new episodes and a DVD since coming back from the dead. Family Guy now resides as Fox's Sunday 9 p.m. tentpole.

Futurama is to return for four feature-length, straight-to-DVD movies, it has been confirmed.

The cartoon series was axed by broadcast network FOX more than two years ago amid lacklustre ratings but has since performed well in syndication on the Cartoon Network and has sold well on DVD.

Earlier this month it was speculated that the show could follow in the footsteps of Family Guy and come back for a new run of TV episodes but production studio 20th Century Fox TV has now decided to resurrect it via a different medium.

"This Futurama project is a done deal," confirmed Billy West, the voice of Fry, in a post on his website. "Everybody is excited to get back together - as I am!"

Production will begin July or August for a likely release early in 2007.
 
Oh. *Non-descript religion's*. God/s.

Political correctness at its best. :D
 
sounds fantastic. Here's to hoping they don't pull a Disney and milk it to death
 
:indiff: It's not that great of a show, it was dissapointing. I suppose I'd rather have Futurama than American Dad.
 
Wash your mouth out, heathen swine!
 
YAHEEEEEEEEE, I cant wait then, I really like that cartoon. Futurama all the way :D

"BITE MY SHINY METAL AAAAASS !!!"
 
I hope they make Leela's boobs bigger.
 
We can only hope :bowdown:

(About the show coming back)

On a second thought... About Leela's boobs getting bigger, too :D

The Wizard.
 
That'd rock if they brought Futurama back, I currently like the show more than the simpsons.
 
ND4SPD
That'd rock if they brought Futurama back, I currently like the show more than the simpsons.

Its actually better than The Simpsons. The Simpsons starts to be the same thing over and over. The show is a victim of it own success.
 
Great news, but I always had more of a thing for Amy than Leela :p
 
amp88
Great news, but I always had more of a thing for Amy than Leela :p
They need to make her boobs bigger, too.
 
I used to love watching Futurama, but I think I must have started when it was on its last leg, because I don't remember seeing that many shows. If it returns and is as good as it was, I'll be ecstatic.
 
Futurama completes my day, everynight at 12. I'd be lost without it.

CHEESE IT!
 
hypnotoad.gif


Hypno-toad approves of this thread!!! AND SO DO YOUUU!!
 
All glory to the hypno-toad!
 
This sounds like great news!

I've always liked the show more than the Simpsons too.

Agreed with the boobs becoming bigger. :p
 
Back