Fwd Cars.

• Thread starter Tillbeast
  • 25 comments
England
England
Why do every car in gr3 and gr4 act like they are fwd cars. Gr3 are suppose to be rwd only but there is that much understeer it is insane. I intentionally drive fast into a hairpin or a slow corner and the rear end never gives away just slide off the track like fwd cars do. I have tc set on 1. The lack of grip in the tyre model is real low and it makes driving the car tricky to be polite. Try and out break anyone and all you do is understeer into opponent.

Why do every car in gr3 and gr4 act like they are fwd cars. Gr3 are suppose to be rwd only but there is that much understeer it is insane. I intentionally drive fast into a hairpin or a slow corner and the rear end never gives away just slide off the track like fwd cars do. I have tc set on 1. The lack of grip in the tyre model is real low and it makes driving the car tricky to be polite. Try and out break anyone and all you do is understeer into opponent.
Try TC off.

Maybe you don't understand that when people refer to understeering or oversteering differences between Fwd and Rwd cars, they mostly mean in a long curve (with the gaz ON), or when accelerating while exiting a turn (not when trailbraking or when you are diving on your victims). But yeah if you are using TC + CSA you will not encounter much oversteer...

Now remove the stupid TC and try exiting fast any tight corner/hairpin with a Gr3 car on RH tyres.

Drive the GR3 Nissan GTR, tc and csa off. Its a handful.
On autopolis

Last edited:
You should try driving these cars like they are RWD, not FWD like you're currently doing so.

And don't try to out break anyone near corners because if you're right behind them then you get into their slipstream, which means you have less down force than them, which also means you have less braking force...And if you move to the side to try to overtake, you will catch their dirty air.

Instead you should focus on braking before they start to brake, and focus on having a better corner exit than them...That's how I overtake most drivers, usually.

Generally if you accelerate out of a corner in a rear drive car your back end will try to step out. You don't get this on gt sport, you slow down to turn into the corner then accelerate out and all you do is lose front end grip. Yes with TC at zero and then intentionally staying in first or second you can spin out but you have to be at an almost standstill and then accelerating to do that. I race with no CSA and 1 TC and it is really really difficult to get the end to try and spin just continued lack of front end grip. I know the times when I go into a corner to hot then front is going to slide straight ahead due to excess speed but its so annoying to try and accelerate out of a corner after slowing the car to right speed and then just the rear wheel drive system causing the front end to lose grip. It don't make sense, too hard accelerate out of the corner should be flipping me around.

Generally if you accelerate out of a corner in a rear drive car your back end will try to step out. You don't get this on gt sport, you slow down to turn into the corner then accelerate out and all you do is lose front end grip.
You're driving a car with racing tires, large amounts of downforce (particularly in the rear), a very aggressive differential, traction control turned on, and you're surprised by this outcome?

Something might be wrong in your description because the cars definitely don't behave that way. If you are getting understeer while braking with a RWD car then you're braking too deep with a lead foot committing 100% of your traction to braking meaning that the car can't steer. You're essentially locking up your brakes.

OP has a point. I'll defend PD because the nature of the handling allows controller users to be competitive but the handling is flat out weird compared to Project Cars or Asetta Corsa. Best description i have heard is "like driving 500hp zambonis".

What feels weirdest to me is you absolutely cannot lose the cars going into a turn too hot, they will plough off the road but they never, ever spin from turning alone.

I know what happens when your go to fast into a corner and heavy break. This is not what is confusing me. I can drive around the hairpin at suzuka for example and then foot to the floor with the accelator and rather than spin the car it will just drive me right off the circuit with my wheels at 60-90 degrees. Yes that is the extreme example but I have tried it in closed lobbies with the intention of spinning out and it just will not do it unless I am on tc zero. TC1 should have the rear end going around but all I get is twitching and cars rear wheels push it off track.

Generally if you accelerate out of a corner in a rear drive car your back end will try to step out. You don't get this on gt sport, you slow down to turn into the corner then accelerate out and all you do is lose front end grip.

Are we talking about the same game?? Or are you on a pad controller, because I can make the rear step out on ANY Gr3 car with ease. Maybe not on a Gr4 FF, but certainly on a whole lot of Nxxx cars, too...

Last edited:
I think the default setups are at the core here. Every car is running alignment settings and anti roll bar settings that are on the extremely safe side. When we had tuning available in the Daily Races, particularly the Gr.1 @ La Sarthe, I ran the R18 with zero toe front and rear, symmetrical ARB settings and by loosening the differentials a little bit the car became super easy to rotate.
No need to use ridiculous brake balance to compensate for the extremely pushy default setup.

Last week at N24, every FR car I drove needed 4 or 5 rear bias to negate the chronic understeer.

I understand the need to make the default setups a bit safe and pushy. But with all the driver assists available I think they went too far. Even with more neutral default settings a novice could go fast with the "arcade physics" CSA enabled.

I dont drive Gr4 much so cant comment there however I have driven most GT3 from std to 690hp level and even with TCS1 they do have strong oversteer/power oversteer if you're careless in corners.

Try even something like the Mazda 6... 2nd gear gets you looped around even if you're just not paying attention.

I have never ever ever felt that any GT3 car understeers except perhaps the 911RSR but then you only need to breathe on the accelerator to fix that issue.

You may experience some understeer on heavier Gr.3 FR cars like the Aston or the Jaguar, and you may need to "kick" them around fast corners (couple of abrupt slaps on the throttle done to upset the car on purpose).
On the other hand MR's especially the Huracan may be angry enough for you to enjoy, even with TCS set to 1.

The 911 RSR is basically on rails though.

Last edited:
I took the Vantage V12 GT3 on the last 30 lap Acropolis endurance and its like most people say, the car is absolutely fine.

I didnt detect any understeer, the V12 was actually very very docile given that it doesnt have that fat turbo midrange... it felt all top end.

It didnt under, it didnt oversteer unless you did 2nd redline shenangians.

You would know on that twisty Japanese track. Really neutral car.

Its a stark contrast to the Ueno Clinic BMW S70 V12... oh god hold on to your butts.... 3rd gear tail slides resulting in a 150-300km/h record setting runs. Didnt have the cohones to try that one too much on Autopolis.

The McLaren F1 GTR is basically Kylo Ren with wheels.
When it throws a tantrum you better just leave it and come back later.

Last edited:
Are we talking about the same game?? Or are you on a pad controller, because I can make the rear step out on ANY Gr3 car with ease. Maybe not on a Gr4 FF, but certainly on a whole lot of Nxxx cars, too...

I'm a ds4 user and I can even get the gr4 huaracan oversteer easily in Suzuka hairpin (I'm guessing the power repartition makes it's more a rwd car than a 4wd)
I think the main problem of the OP is that he refuses to remove TC.

To OP:

TC is this noob driving aid that makes you understeer. And both the TC and the unrealistically forgiving differential is what prevents you from oversteering. You want to spin out of the turns in Gr4 cars? Remove the differential, remove the TC, use hard tyres and drive faster.

And overall I don't get what you are complaining about. PD made the game "easy to play" so that it's accessible, and people are still using TC, CSA, driving lines and so on.
You are using TC1 in Gr4 cars, so obviously you don't want the cars to be hard to handle. Why are you complaining then ?
And on what do you base your "cars should spin at TC1"?

And btw I tested it yesterday and I can spin easily the Gr3 huaracan at TC2...

Last edited:
I'm a ds4 user and I can even get the gr4 huaracan oversteer easily in Suzuka hairpin (I'm guessing the power repartition makes it's more a rwd car than a 4wd)
I think the main problem of the OP is that he refuses to remove TC.

Ok, I have no controller experience whatsoever so I tried to find out how in the world the OP can’t get these cars to spin...

Naturally, with TC on the search is over :lol:

TC 1? I see what's happening now.

Yeah, the engine will just bog down before it loses it's back end, that's the whole point of TC and why it makes you slower when it's on.

Maybe you step too much in the gas pedal while cornering. Of course that will have some impact in the handling when you're doing so.

Back