FXX post-WRS comparison

  • Thread starter Thread starter Flaren89
  • 7 comments
  • 639 views
Messages
873
Italy
Italy
Messages
Flaren89
Ok, I know the title it's a bit odd, but I really didn't know how to call this thread, as what I found it's also a strange.

After the WRS Week 2 at Monza with the FXX, today I gave some laps to do my usual hotlaps which will be upload on my youtube channel. There are just 3 few differences between the 2 runs:

- In WRS tires used were SS, today I used RH;
- In WRS used Arcade Time Attack mode, today I did it in Free practice from my garage;
- Added the Chassis Rigidity Optimization from WRS to today.

Just like I was expecting, I improved my times because RH tires got way better traction and a bit more grip (did 1:37.006 with a couple of little mistakes, in WRS I did 1:39.532).
What I wasn't expecting is... Braking point was really messed up! Today I always had to brake 10-20 meters earlier than on WRS attempts.
In the beginning of my GT6 adventure I gave a try aboard of the 458 Italia to choose the better tires for stock cars, and with CS I had to brake earlier than SH (better compund). Now, I supposed RH to have better braking performance than SS for the same reason, but instead it happened the opposite.

What I'm asking to you (if someone know) the reason of this. It can be Arcade mode use a little difference in physic? Or is because of the Chassis Optimization? Or it's a bug on tyre model?

P.S.: Now that I remember. Not only the braking point was messed up, but even the acceleration itself was a bit changed. At the exit of the Parabolica, if I had the same exit speed of the SS compound, when I reached the start/finish line today I was a little slower in RH compound...
 
Street cars don't handle so well on RH tyres.
 
It's a street car because they wanted to make it so, to be true the FXX is a racing car...
The handling it's really good on RH anyway, there's only this thing about brake power and a bit of straight acceleration (not traction)
 
Maybe I should say they handle differently on RH tyres.
 
Until you mentioned a (bad) difference in corner exit traction, that was my first thought.

If you exit the last corner with better speed, you will get to the next corner quicker, requiring an earlier braking point.

But seeing as you don't think corner exit traction was much better, I'm not sure.

Will have to run a couple of comparison laps in each mode.

Can't say I've ever noticed a difference.

Best bet would be to run the WRS setup in both modes on the same tyres. Then the same with your RH setup and compare.

Maybe up the brake balance front and rear. Maybe there is something in the code from the slicks causing the brakes to be less effective?

Honestly? No idea.
 
The brake physics did change quite dramatically in 1.04. Now racing brakes are better suited with Racing tyres and vice versa. So that could be part of the issue with braking.
 
I found the same thing last night in the race testing I did on line. I could brake later with the SS than I could with the pit stop RH tires...

I put it down to the different tire model between Race and Sport. It's like the Race construction is better (more lateral grip), but the overall compound of Hard versus Soft is worse (less forward bite, or in this case, negative forward bite on the brakes).

The good news I extracted from this is that PD seem to have some very different tire models built in to GT6. Now they just have to give us the same tires after pit stops :p
 
I found the same thing last night in the race testing I did on line. I could brake later with the SS than I could with the pit stop RH tires...

I put it down to the different tire model between Race and Sport. It's like the Race construction is better (more lateral grip), but the overall compound of Hard versus Soft is worse (less forward bite, or in this case, negative forward bite on the brakes).

The good news I extracted from this is that PD seem to have some very different tire models built in to GT6. Now they just have to give us the same tires after pit stops :p


Excellent hypothesis. Sounds promising to me.
 
Back