Fybromialgic pain: I can use a T80 pedal set to accelerate/brake but steer with ds4 pad?

• Thread starter rui10
  • 11 comments
Italy
Italy
Hi, I'am a long time gt driver, but in cause of my health issues I'm leaving the gaming hobby.

I have particularly pain on the right arm, so my question is: if I buy a used T80 for like 55€ on thrustmaster site, I wired it but I use only the pedal set, the ds4 still works and I can use the left analogic stick or is not possible? Or if you the T80 it became the "main controller" and the DS4 doesn't work? tank you very much for the answers for this streange question.

The controller has full functionality while the wheel is active, so yes this would work. However, the wheel would be going crazy, I would imagine that would damage it over time, and it would be really loud too. You'd have to find a way to disable the wheel. Maybe open it up and find the wire that supplies power to the FFB system and un-solder it.

The controller has full functionality while the wheel is active, so yes this would work. However, the wheel would be going crazy, I would imagine that would damage it over time, and it would be really loud too. You'd have to find a way to disable the wheel. Maybe open it up and find the wire that supplies power to the FFB system and un-solder it.
Thrustmaster T80 has bungee cord.👍

As far as I know and have tried you can only accelerate and brake and use buttons on your controller while using a wheel, but you can’t steer..

Thank you all for the replies, I'm pretty sure the pad doesn't work if used with FFB wheels, maybe I can try and in case it doesn't work send T80 back.

If there is an owner of the T80 that can do this strange test I really appreciate theat, I miss Gran Turismo!

Ps the only other options I tought is to cut the bungee cord inside the T80 to make it turn without resistance, but I don't know if it's complicated or not and if the wheel after this operation will still work well ( sorry for my probably horrible english):nervous:

Your english is absolutely fine!

I think it is a good idea to give the special effect guys a shout, have seen them have a lot of different ways to play racing games.

If you could use a wheel without a centre spring, like the bungee cord, it probably would bring in a few options,

Using a G29 and turning FFB to the lowest setting makes it extremely weak, much lower than the centre spring would be. I know this doesn't help right now for the T80 but it might be a future idea?

Hopefully someone with more expereince of the T80 will be able to give you more information as well.

I have a G29 and usually only the throttle and brakes work on the pad, not the steering. I say usually because once or twice, the steering worked too.

But I don’t know how/why that happened.

I see the special effect guys site, i think is for people with heavyer health issues than me, and also a lot more unluckyest.

I considered the T80 with bungee cord cut because on the Thrustmaster shop (Italy) on the used section is sold at only 55€.

The G29 is surely a nice whell, but for me is too much expensive considering I don't know if I can manage it confortably.

Anyway thank's a lot for every contribution on the discussion :cheers:

Back