• Thread starter Tyre King
  • 5 comments

Tyre King

Sleep! Who needs Sleep?
Premium
United Kingdom
Carlisle,Cumbria,England!
Ballstothewall1
Has anyone else noticed the G-force induced grey-out effect that I have seen at Daytona when doing the Supercar Festival in anything fast like the F430?

As you enter turn 2, everything's fine, but as you go round the corner all the gamma seems to drain out of the screen, then as you exit the corner it comes back again.
BTW, I'm seeing this in the cockpit view!

Neil

well i am in s class and have done the daytona run but dont understand what you are saying so cant say i have noticed it.

Has anyone else noticed the G-force induced grey-out effect that I have seen at Daytona when doing the Supercar Festival in anything fast like the F430?

As you enter turn 2, everything's fine, but as you go round the corner all the gamma seems to drain out of the screen, then as you exit the corner it comes back again.
BTW, I'm seeing this in the cockpit view!

Neil

Well, i've explained this numerous times, the reason brightness changes is because of the way they use HDR, while it does make it feel like a more realistic from bad shot camera, camera men actually try to avoid such effect, but PD has it cause it makes it seem more realistic. (the same way camera men try to avoid flares, but we see it in games..)

well i am in s class and have done the daytona run but dont understand what you are saying so cant say i have noticed it.

As you go into turn 2, look at the colour of the grass and the yellow line on the left of the track.
Then, as you get further into the corner the colour fades as if you were suffering from G induced grey-out that fighter jockeys used to suffer from before G-suits.

And it may have been explained before by yourself Kamus mate, but I haven't seen it.
I am well versed in such things, but what I was really saying is that it is a cool effect for them to include in only the cockpit view for those of us that like our simulations to actually be simulations, instead of an out-of-body floating-behind-the-car experience.

Neil

Back