G25 Best Settings

• Thread starter whittle
  • 22 comments
mj_whittle
G25 BEST SETTINGS FOR GTP

Just brought a streering wheel (Logitech G25) for the first time and Gran Turismo Prologue and looking at the setting for the steering wheel and settings for the car I haven't got a clue were to start.:scared: This will be the first time I've used a wheel and first time I've played GTP.

Any Help, tips or guide would be great :)

Last edited:
Turn off power assist, I use 10 force feedback, and put it in simulation mode. I'd use lower force feedback when drifting though.

If you're not sure, I'd try at the lower levels first, then try upping the strength until you like it.

I find if you start at say 10, when you try 5 it just feels ridiculously light, so I'd say maybe try the default of 5, then maybe 7 or 8, and if that's not enough go for 10.

You'll probably want something lighter if you're a big drifter though, it's not crucial by any means, but it'll probably help...

Hey guys I wanted to ask about the flappy paddles in G25..

So I bought myself F430 (in game of course :D) and realized that while in real life the car has flappy paddles to shift but they don't seem to work in the game at least not with basic settings. It feels kind of stupid to shift in H-shift mode without the clutch. So is it possible to enable flappy paddles in GT5P? Thanks

EDIT

Ah I think I got the solution.. the shifter must be in sequential mode? I'll try that out and sorry for the unneccessary post..

Hey guys I wanted to ask about the flappy paddles in G25..

So I bought myself F430 (in game of course :D) and realized that while in real life the car has flappy paddles to shift but they don't seem to work in the game at least not with basic settings. It feels kind of stupid to shift in H-shift mode without the clutch. So is it possible to enable flappy paddles in GT5P? Thanks

EDIT

Ah I think I got the solution.. the shifter must be in sequential mode? I'll try that out and sorry for the unneccessary post..

That's it yes, push the shifter stick down and rotate the circular knob from H-box to sequential mode and that will enable either the use of the paddles or the up/down sequential shifting of the stick.

All the best
Maz

That's it yes, push the shifter stick down and rotate the circular knob from H-box to sequential mode and that will enable either the use of the paddles or the up/down sequential shifting of the stick.

All the best
Maz

Yep tried it out, it's very nice addition to the level of realism. Oh and the sound of the V8 in the F430 @8000rpm.. Amazing. :drool:

I had my G25 on FF10 for a year... but I've now reduced it to 5. Simulation & power steering off (though I don't notice any difference with these settings to be honest).

I think a higher setting is good when you first start out with a wheel as the resistance helps you learn not to turn the wheel too much and too quickly... you might start with 7, then quicky increase to 10.

But once you're fully comfortable with the wheel (probably after 2-3 months) I'd suggest reducing to around 5 as I think the lower setting allows you to be more sensitive with the wheel and make smaller, more accurate adjustments to your lines.

Good luck and enjoy.

Aug 22 2009, 2:56 PM #85

By opelgt1969

Also if you look at my profile page I have this picture and others that you can print

Hi Opel,

Can you explain this picture?

When you say "select" Driving Force Pro - I do that - but the button layout is nothing like the G25...

I can't see anywhere that allows you to actually "select" it either - you can assign buttons to the Driving Force Pro - but that doesn't seem to mean anything when I'm actually in the race?

I tried doing it with the DS3 button assignment - but that didn't do anything either?

C.

The button assignment in Opel's diagram allows you to access realtime adjustments, as in DFGT, by pressing R3 first then using the arrow buttons to scroll through the menu and adjust settings. It also assigns look right/left to the buttons on the wheel.

Long time no race Opel. How's it going bud?

I have my G25 set to FF6, I feel that gives the best control over all cars. I think that FF5 - 7 is the best range IMO. This is for racing though, not drifting. I think having the wheel set to "simulation mode" does not make any difference over the wheel in any way, same with power steering.

The button assignment in Opel's diagram allows you to access realtime adjustments, as in DFGT, by pressing R3 first then using the arrow buttons to scroll through the menu and adjust settings. It also assigns look right/left to the buttons on the wheel.

Long time no race Opel. How's it going bud?

My questions were more about - how do I set my buttons like that?

C.

My questions were more about - how do I set my buttons like that?

C.
Seriously?
OK, with your G25 plugged in USB Port#1, go to the "Options" menu and scroll down and choose DFP 1. You'll start out at the top left column which highlights the L2 button. 2nd down highlights the up directional arrow and so on. Notice when each line of the column is selected, the corresponding button on the wheel diagram lights up. and a drop down box appears with control options.

Now reassign the buttons as shown in Opels Diagram. Then hit OK and you should be able to access the tuning function menu by hitting R3 on your G25 shifter pod and then use the directional buttons to scroll through the tuning menu and adjust values while driving. When done hit R3 to hide the menu. You will also be able to look right/left with the 2 buttons on the wheel.

That's as good as I can explain it with my limited brain capacity. ;) Good luck. :)

Seriously?
OK, with your G25 plugged in USB Port#1, go to the "Options" menu and scroll down and choose DFP 1. You'll start out at the top left column which highlights the L2 button. 2nd down highlights the up directional arrow and so on. Notice when each line of the column is selected, the corresponding button on the wheel diagram lights up. and a drop down box appears with control options.

Now reassign the buttons as shown in Opels Diagram. Then hit OK and you should be able to access the tuning function menu by hitting R3 on your G25 shifter pod and then use the directional buttons to scroll through the tuning menu and adjust values while driving. When done hit R3 to hide the menu. You will also be able to look right/left with the 2 buttons on the wheel.

That's as good as I can explain it with my limited brain capacity. ;) Good luck. :)

Hey there you ole FATFOOT whoooose brain did you steal :dunce: Good to see you I've just been waiting on GT5 like everyone else. You know what happens when I play GT5P "I have to host" and you know what that means Players getting booted. Not really tried much lately but the games that I did host went OK of course only 5-8 players.

Hey there you ole FATFOOT whoooose brain did you steal :dunce: Good to see you I've just been waiting on GT5 like everyone else. You know what happens when I play GT5P "I have to host" and you know what that means Players getting booted. Not really tried much lately but the games that I did host went OK of course only 5-8 players.

Certainly not your brain that's for sure. :lol:

Sounds like the matching issues are a little better. Sony recently "fixed :rolleyes:" online so maybe there's still hope for you. Cya on the track buddy.

Nice pic of the G25 button layout, there is quite a few...just do a Google image search.:)
R*

RA is not worth the time to rearrange your buttons. Do 1 freerun lap and that will serve you better than RA.

My best suggestion is to switch your controller setting to Controller 1 so you can navigate with it but your wheel still works normally. This takes as much time as it takes for the game to load. Although, this doesnt help with much in terms of driving, I think it is a lot easier to switch cars/races with the controller rather than the wheels controls.

RA is not worth the time to rearrange your buttons. Do 1 freerun lap and that will serve you better than RA.

My best suggestion is to switch your controller setting to Controller 1 so you can navigate with it but your wheel still works normally. This takes as much time as it takes for the game to load. Although, this doesnt help with much in terms of driving, I think it is a lot easier to switch cars/races with the controller rather than the wheels controls.

Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying, the wheel still operates normally after remapping the buttons as shown. Unless the RA function is selected, the directional arrows work as intended for switching cars, races etc. Again, I apologize if I misunderstood your post.

I personally don't use the RA function during a race but I do use it for fine tuning brake bias and F/R torque split on the fly while in free run without having to stop. One thing to remember is these setting revert back to the original settings in the quick tune menu so if you want to make them permanent they must be re-entered there.

Seriously?

Right - so the G25 settings are all under the DFPro settings? You just have to ignore the image thing as it's immaterial.

OK - got it - will report back on how it works out.

C.

PS - Seriously - yes... no need for the sarcasm but thank you for the help.

PS - Seriously - yes... no need for the sarcasm but thank you for the help.

Sorry there bud but I thought you were pulling my leg. I wouldn't have gone out of my way typing step by step instructions for you if I was trying to be wise guy, now would I?

I have my G25 set to FF6, I feel that gives the best control over all cars. I think that FF5 - 7 is the best range IMO. This is for racing though, not drifting. I think having the wheel set to "simulation mode" does not make any difference over the wheel in any way, same with power steering.

When I first used my G25 I had FF10 and I went out on Fuji with the F2007, that was a mistake. Going straight suddenly became so hard, now I use FF6.

Anyone can suggest any setting for G25 on GT5? Is there any way to reduce the steering deadzone at the center??

Last edited:
Back