g25 force feedback with gt5p

  • Thread starter Thread starter bevo
  • 16 comments
  • 5,510 views

bevo

Premium
Messages
2,483
Messages
GTP_bevofrancis
Messages
bevo francis
is the force feedback on gt5p stronger than it is in gthd using the g25 wheel. i have been playing need for speed pro street for a couple days and switched over to gthd for a few lapse and the ff seemed really weak after playing nfs. it seemed more precise in gthd but too week
 
is the force feedback on gt5p stronger than it is in gthd using the g25 wheel. i have been playing need for speed pro street for a couple days and switched over to gthd for a few lapse and the ff seemed really weak after playing nfs. it seemed more precise in gthd but too week

There is a gauge for the force feedback in the prologue game menus.
You can set it from 1 to 10.
When its set at 10 its very strong.
 
Somehow I have my set to 10. It still does feel lil weak for me.. I dont know why. but at #7 this is what a real car should have.. In real cars FFB is really really mild. Remember, just because FFB is stronger, does not mean its more real. :)
 
Adjust the camber to -3 or so (depending on the cars adjustability) to help turn in and stabilize in the turns and it gets more difficult to drive in a straight line. Proper force feedback will transmit this.
So, the more you adjust certain settings on the car the more you should feel certain things.
 
i know that strong ff does not mean it is more real but how else are you suppose to feel the pull of the car and the g forces when making turns. its also nice to be able to feel when your tires lose traction. without strong force feedback some of these things go unnoticed.
 
I can just confirm that the ffb is very weak, i usualy play GTR2 and thats outstanding ffb. A patch for the ffb is urgent and the G25 must be added to the list of wheels in the game. If the developer doesnt do any thing about it they will kill this game series. Sorry about the swenglish :)
 
I can just confirm that the ffb is very weak, i usualy play GTR2 and thats outstanding ffb. A patch for the ffb is urgent and the G25 must be added to the list of wheels in the game. If the developer doesnt do any thing about it they will kill this game series. Sorry about the swenglish :)

I can also confirm this, I've used G25 wheel both with PC and PS3 and can say that for some reason the FFB is rather weak even when set to maximum in the settings. Although in drift mode it could be a major PITA to have it on too strong. Still you should have the choice in the options.
 
If you drive a real car its not even as strong as the g25. Why would they go even more overboard? I think its good how it is and all it needs is a belt instead of gears for more precise movements and for the wheel to spin back/countersteer faster.
 
If you drive a real car its not even as strong as the g25. Why would they go even more overboard? I think its good how it is and all it needs is a belt instead of gears for more precise movements and for the wheel to spin back/countersteer faster.

Mine has no power steering so can feel pretty heavy under cornering load. Others have differing levels and types of PAS. Then there's the steering geometery. Suffice to say not all cars are light to drive.

g25 spins much quicker than its predecessors, though granted you need to give it a helping hand if you are countersteering. You can't let it whip back to centre, catch it and turn it, however you shouldn't need to in racing unless you are show boating.

Its not so much the strength thats the issue for me, its the fact that there is very little information coming back through the wheel to help detect what the tires are doing.
I think some of us are comparing it to sims on the pc where we have become used to a particular type of feel for feedback. Turn into a corner and you will feel a certain degree of resistance, push it past the slip angles and the steering will lighten up as the tires lose traction.

Perhaps we are talking more about the variance in forces rather than how heavy it is?
 
Mine has no power steering so can feel pretty heavy under cornering load. Others have differing levels and types of PAS. Then there's the steering geometery. Suffice to say not all cars are light to drive.

g25 spins much quicker than its predecessors, though granted you need to give it a helping hand if you are countersteering. You can't let it whip back to centre, catch it and turn it, however you shouldn't need to in racing unless you are show boating.

Its not so much the strength thats the issue for me, its the fact that there is very little information coming back through the wheel to help detect what the tires are doing.
I think some of us are comparing it to sims on the pc where we have become used to a particular type of feel for feedback. Turn into a corner and you will feel a certain degree of resistance, push it past the slip angles and the steering will lighten up as the tires lose traction.

Perhaps we are talking more about the variance in forces rather than how heavy it is?
That could be the case. It would be cool, though, if GT5 would have different force feedback for cars with no PAS. Your right, theres definitely a different feel to it, and hopefully PD has been looking over all the other racing sims for tips (then again if they were doing that we would probably have better sound.)
 
When I turn into a corner I feel resistance when I'm pushing the grip limit.

I'm using DFP.

What is the most realistic FF setting? My car has power steering so I don't feel any resistance IRL.
 
i want serious vibration at my wheel for high powerd fwd cars, desperatly trying to gain traction and wheel hoping like a mother foU#$@#
 
I must have a special G25 because when I set the FFB to the maximun in GT5p (10), I have to lower the settings. The FFB was too strong, not realistic.




:)
 
I must have a special G25 because when I set the FFB to the maximun in GT5p (10), I have to lower the settings. The FFB was too strong, not realistic.
:)
same "special" G25 here :)
10 is too much, my normal setting is 4 for both drifting and grip.
 
same "special" G25 here :)
10 is too much, my normal setting is 4 for both drifting and grip.


Same, I use 4 all the time.
 
I have mine set at 10 and it feels rather weak as well
 
Back