G25/G27 Pedal Modification

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Just thinking aloud here: Could the G25/G27 pedals be modified to the point where they match or better the new enthusiast pedal sets on the market? Sim-Sport used the Perfect Pedal in their own set and Simworx have their own derivative of the Logitech design so surely the G25/G27 pedals can be modified to become more than just something you stick a progressive brake spring into and otherwise leave untouched.

Throttle pedal: Either stiffer linear spring such as the stock Logitech clutch spring or Nixim throttle spring. The Nixim throttle spring's tension is somewhere between the stock Logitech throttle and clutch spring. Alternatively, perhaps a load cell such as the Ricmotech system can be paired with a much lighter, linear spring. Load cells used in throttle pedals are, to my knowledge, only found on the Heusinkveld Ultimates (In my opinion, the best pedal set out there bar none).

Brake pedal: The hydraulic solutions from TSS and Perfect Pedal are the only real choices here. Choose the TSS for it's longer pedal travel or the Perfect Pedal for it's shorter pedal travel. Neither is wrong in this regard, just down to personal preference and which types of cars you drive the most.

Clutch pedal: Unfortunely, there's not much we can do with the limited market options. The only choices here would be the stock Logitech brake spring as the Nixim clutch spring is highly unrealistic due to its progressive nature. Either way, avoid the clutch pedal if you can as the Logitech mechanism will always be unrealistic by design.

Pedal measuring: The G25/G27 potentiometers are fragile and a pain to clean. Hall sensors from TSS or Simulaje may be an upgrade here.

Pedal faces: DSD Tilton faces are the only aftermarket option unless you want to go the route of brake+clutch combined solutions from Playseat and the like. I suppose you could remove those unsightly plastic inserts on the stock Logitech pedal faces.

Pedal face adjustment: SR Hardware offers a heel & toe kit which is just a bunch of plates to adjust how much left/right/up/down/front/back you want the pedal faces to be. H-Engineering was the first to offer a solution like this but I don't think they produce them anymore.

Pedal extensions: StigSimExperience and SimRacingStation both offer pedal extensions that increase the throw of the pedal. StigSimExperience has yet to release their product while the SimRacingStation extensions are absolutely hideous. PT Racing had something like this but they're no longer in business.

Pedal electronics: Obviously you'd want as much resolution as you can get so I think the DSD Pedal Pal in addition to one of the DSD 12-bit boards would be a good choice here. I have no idea how this would inference or connect to the hydraulic brake and load cell throttle so please do some fact checking/research/ and ask questions before attempting something as extreme as this.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back