G25/G27 shifter with DFGT - possible without Leo Bodnar adapter?

• Thread starter uTukan
  • 1 comments
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Hey, so I already have kind of Frankenstein DFGT, I bought G27 pedals, soldered them on gamepad so they can be connected over USB, and now I use DFGT with G27 pedals.

I'd like to buy G25/G27 or Driving force shifter, is there a way to connect it without using Leo Bodnar's adapter? I was thinking R232 to USB adapter (it would fit), but I'm not sure if it would transim the signal the right way.

Thanks!

I assume you're using this setup with a PC? A USB to serial converter wouldn't work because it's not a serial device, it just uses the same connector. You don't need a Leo Bodnar adaptor but you do need something because of the way the shifter works - the stick position is read using two potentiometers, but reported as buttons. In addition, all of the buttons on the shifter are read by the G27's microcontroller over a serial data line (NOT the same as a UART serial which is what the USB adaptors do).

So basically there needs to be a device between the shifter and PC and it's possible to make your own with an Arduino or similar, but it's quite advanced. The Bodnar adaptor is probably the best option for you right now.

Back