G25 / G27 steering wheel question???

J-XYWZ
Hey guys, been thinking about grabbing a g25 wheel. What I want to know is how does the clutch work? Does the car stall if you don't give it enough gas like in real life? Also can you hold the clutch pedal in while also holding the gas and than let go of the clutch to do a burnout. If a burnout doesn't occur, what happens when you dump the clutch? What is realistic and what is not about the clutch?

Thanks.

The only thing that's unrealistic, that I can think of right now, is how much gas and clutch you need to change gears. You need to have the clutch pushed at least half way (too much) and very little gas (almost none, no flat shifting). You can do nice burn outs tho, it works very well. Takes a bit to get used to but works pretty good.

As for stalling, it just puts the car into neutral and you have to re-shift.

It will stall, at least with the G27 anyway, don't know which wheel you use Bluntified, but the engine will cease to run, in which case you either need to select neutral or dip the clutch and depress the throttle to restart the engine.
I fnd that mis-shifts occur too much in race situations, where as in real life it would go into gear, it just gives you a neutral, and you have to bring the stick back to neutral and re-select the gear or knock it up or down (which ever way you were shifting) with the paddles which is much easier and quicker.

Back