G25 going off-center

  • Thread starter Thread starter cjmodiano
  • 5 comments
  • 3,367 views
Messages
118
Messages
cjmodiano
Anybody have this problem? Mainly when the car slides and you apply opposite lock, the steering ratio goes all out of whack, and the wheel goes off center, so after the corner, you're driving down the straight with the wheel cocked 90 degrees.

I'm not sure if this is my (admittedly 4 year old and highly highly used G25) telling me it wants to go off to pasture, or if it's due to the lack of official support from PD.
 
I have not had that problem with my g25 so far. Ill test it out a little in the morning to be certain though.
 
I am having the exact same problem.. Never had this kind of problem in the past.. Might be a rare thing after the new patch perhaps, that messed up the calibration slightly, or the FFB?

Taking it apart and checking it as we speak..:yuck:
 
It's a common problem with G25's and even G27's, if you don't mind opening up the wheel it's an easy fix, I know because I had exactly the same problem as the OP, and I managed to fix mine, just be carefull on the placement of the little black disc when you glue it, it needs to be exactly in the middle of the Tx/Rx components.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131914
 
It's a common problem with G25's and even G27's, if you don't mind opening up the wheel it's an easy fix, I know because I had exactly the same problem as the OP, and I managed to fix mine, just be carefull on the placement of the little black disc when you glue it, it needs to be exactly in the middle of the Tx/Rx components.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131914

Had read that elsewhere, but had problems getting the case open at first, before my brain started to think simple.

Anyway, the sensor casing ir what ever it is called, had almost 2cm of movement :ouch: so it was only a small time before the whole thing would have fallen completely off.. Feels like new,if not better after it has been screwed thight.

Pretty easy really, took some time to get it right though.
 
Anybody have this problem? Mainly when the car slides and you apply opposite lock, the steering ratio goes all out of whack, and the wheel goes off center, so after the corner, you're driving down the straight with the wheel cocked 90 degrees.

I'm not sure if this is my (admittedly 4 year old and highly highly used G25) telling me it wants to go off to pasture, or if it's due to the lack of official support from PD.

Have you try to unplug the usb cable and plug it again ?
(the wheel will reboot letf to right and center again)

You can do this after making pause in a race when it happened
;)
 
Back