G25 Problem/Broken? (PS3)

  • Thread starter Thread starter JAMESRB26
  • 2 comments
  • 981 views
Messages
5
Messages
JAMESRB26
Good evening to you all,

wondering if someone could help me with a problem that I've just had with my G25.

Turned on my PS3 today, went to scroll through the menu with the D-Pad and BAM!! D-Pad and buttons not working. So I launched Gran Turismo 5 (With the controller instead), then went into a race and tried my steering wheel.

Here's the weird thing : Steering wheel works absolutely fine, and calibrates. Accelerator, Clutch, Paddles, and H-shifter works as well. Brake DOESN'T work, along with all the buttons/D-Pad.

When I switch it into sequential mode, the brake works but shifter won't.

Tried a few things like unplugging and re-plugging the wires but to no avail. I did notice that it took a little longer to calibrate. For instance, instead of a small pause when fully locked then going the other way, it's a good 5 seconds.

What do you guys reckon ? Has it just simply given up the ghost ? Had the wheel for a couple of years now :(

Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated.

James
 
Sounds like the shifters broken. Try playing gt5 with it unpluged and see if everything else works.
 
Sounds like the shifters broken. Try playing gt5 with it unpluged and see if everything else works.

Cheers for the reply Dave. Will give that a go, and also plug it in to a computer to see if the buttons work on there.
 
Back