g25 problem with shifter

• Thread starter paopee
  • 9 comments
so anyways im thinking how to get into reverse when using the 6-shifter patterns, i move all the way right then down but it only goes to 6th gear my shifter doesnt seem to have the extra 7th gear (ie reverse)

also when i turn the switch to go from 6 shifter to singular up and down shift for some reason i cant turn it so that its all the way to the right, it only lets me go half way before it wont move anymore.

anyone has these problems?

I don't have the wheel. but perhaps you have to push down on the gear stick while putting it in reverse? It's like that in some cars.

Push down the shifter to turn the switch back to H pattern. Also push the shifter to shift to reverse gear, 6th gear and reverse are in the same place, but you have to press the shifter down and hold it down to 6th.

so push down while goin into 6th?thanks :)

and how bout my knob switch problem, like i can turn it all the way to the right for the 6 speed shifter but i cant go all the way to left for the 2 gear shifter, i can only turn the knob myabe a bit more than half way. u heard of such a problem? like when i go half way on the switch it detects as 2 gear changer but the gear stick does go neutral automatically so if i want to change in to the next gear i would have to go into neutral myself then go shift down again :/

I said it before, hold the shifter down while turning the knob so you can switch back and forth.

EDIT: Hmmm, no, I didn't, I thought I did :lol:

oh i thought u meant that for just gettin into reverse lol sorry dude :scared: my bad thanks for the advice, will try once i get back home from work.

Thanks again, weird how the manual or lack of manual with the wheel doesnt tell u this hahah

btw by pushing down u mean not down a gear but pushing on the gear knob as if the knob is a button right?

Let's see. You have to push down the gear stick while in Neutral (in the middle, that's it) and keep it pushed all the way to 6th so you can shift to reverse.

Now, to switch from Secuencial to H pattern back and forth, push the gear stick in Neutral and keep it pushed while turning the knob.

oh i thought u meant that for just gettin into reverse lol sorry dude :scared: my bad thanks for the advice, will try once i get back home from work.

Thanks again, weird how the manual or lack of manual with the wheel doesnt tell u this hahah

btw by pushing down u mean not down a gear but pushing on the gear knob as if the knob is a button right?
Take the manual that you got with the wheel out (I know it's not much) but open it up to where the logetch.com support numbers are and look at the top 2 sections this is where it not only tells you to push the knob down but also shows to to push it down.

Yes. However, the cluch will work only with cars that come equipped with manual-gearbox (the cars that have animated driver hands when changing gears). In order to activate the cluch you have to select H-gear gearbox on your G25 and press triangle to activate the clutch when the race starts.

I copied this from the G25 thread.

Back