g25 questions.

  • Thread starter Thread starter JosVerstappen
  • 13 comments
  • 1,282 views
Messages
495
Messages
GTP_Jostheboss
hello,

I do not have gt5 proloque but am considering buying it.

but: I broke my g25 shifter, so I was wondering what functions do I miss in the game because of that?

Also what are the functions of the buttons on the wheel, and can I assign them to something else?

greetings.
 
The buttons on the wheel control everything. I'm pretty sure you will need the shifter to play the game with your wheel. I'm not positive, but almost. If your use to using the g25, you probably won't enjoy the game without it.
 
I'm pretty sure you can use the paddle shifters exclusively if the knob shifter is broken.
 
The buttons on the wheel control everything. I'm pretty sure you will need the shifter to play the game with your wheel. I'm not positive, but almost. If your use to using the g25, you probably won't enjoy the game without it.

It depends on whether just the shifter is broken or if it's an issue with the connection, etc. of the shifter unit. Since that unit also has all of the control buttons, it would make it difficult to play without. I'm guessing you could use a six-axis for all of those functions and the wheel to drive with if you really needed to, though. I use a G25 and shift only with the paddles since that is my preferred method, and it works just fine for me. 👍

And, there is a whole sub-forum dedicated to wheels that might be a better place for this thread and might have a lot of info to answer all of these questions. :dopey:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=163
 
EDK
. I'm guessing you could use a six-axis for all of those functions and the wheel to drive with if you really needed to, though.



https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Whichever controller you use to navigate the menus leading up to the race, is the controller that you must race with. So if you use the six-axis to get to the race, you will have to use it to race, at least I'm pretty sure. I remember having to start races over because my g25 wasn't working after using the controller to get there. If it is just the shifter that is broke, and the buttons on the shifter work, then you can just use the paddles to shift.
 
the shifter doesnt work at all, it would really suck if I couldnt use my g25 just because the shifter is not working :(
 
the shifter doesnt work at all, it would really suck if I couldnt use my g25 just because the shifter is not working :(

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to, but tonight I will try it out for you and see what happens.
 
I've tried using both the ds3 and the g25. If you reassign the ds3 to controller 1 both will work. The ds3 won't work for steering but everything else seems to work. I haven't tried it without the shifter being plugged in.
 
Hallo Joske

I just tried to play GT5p without the shifter and I have to tell you that you can play GT5p with the G25 without the shifter but only in automatic. I disconnected the shifter and I wasn't able to use the paddles behind the wheel. You can use everything except for the shifter and the clutch.
 
if you disconnect the shifter the paddles will not work.

if your shifter is broken, make a controller #1, as stated above it will work for menu navigation etc, but not steering.

you will be able to shift via the paddles, but the shifter HAS to be attached to the wheel and in neutral. if it is not in neut. the paddles will not work right.

i play like this all the time, as i dont have a good mounting system for my shifter.

clutch will not work.
 
if you disconnect the shifter the paddles will not work.
If you are reacting to my post, I really think you have to read this thread carefully. I was merely trying to help JosVerstappen to see if he could use his G25 without the shifter because he has broken it ;)
 
ok, so I really need I shifter otherwise I can't use my flappy's...

ah well, gonna look for a 2nd hand shifter then... :)

thanks for the reactions!
 
ok I was wrong about my shifter it does work but not all functions

the h-shifter self doesnt work offcourse.

The upper four buttons still work :)

the d-pad only works up and down,

the 4 red buttons do not work.

so does this mean that I can use my flappy paddles, and I can use a controller to navigate through menu's?

what do the 4 red buttons do?
 
I'm pretty sure that two of the four red buttons are pre-mapped as Start/Select...the other two are not used in the generic setup (i.e. could be used for quick-tune).
 
Back