G25 Shifter Connection Problem

Hi,

Now, the problem occurs;
When the shifter cable is plugged into the wheel, regardless of if it's plugged into the shifter board:

a) the buttons on the shifter don't work, the shifter does but not the buttons.
b) the wheel stops for a couple of seconds each time it self calibrates, (i.e. stops between each turn)

Has anyone had a similar problem before or has any input?

Many Thanks

Peredur

Sorry I cant help much, but is your wheel under warranty? If so send it to logitech for repairs.

If not you might want to take it apart to inspect it (if you're comfortable doing so), look for anything out of the ordinary, unplugged, or broken wires.

youtube has videos showing how to take apart and modify g25 wheels. They could be helpful in guiding you though the breakdown.

heres one for the shifter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scQ8-uSq01E&feature=player_embedded

By the way I just took my g25 apart and its not very difficult. While I had it open I noticed one black wire was drawn across the back shaft of one of the force feedback motors, which was spinning its way through that black wire. I also discovered the plastic bearing housing had cracked up, so I used some jb weld to glue it up.

Good luck

Last edited:
Back