- 14,427

- Kanagawa, JP
Hi all.
A little while ago I took apart my G25's shifter to put my mind at ease that the condition was alright (as it was bought second hand), even though I had been using it for about a month previously.
I finally reaquired a console at allowed me to use the clutch and H pattern features (PS3). Plugged in the wheel and started up GT6. The first thing I noticed was the reluctance for it to go into fifth. At first I thought I was screwing up the clutch as GT6 can be really pedantic about the application so I gave it no extra thought.
Next race I entirely lost the first 'row' - first, third, fifth. I countlessly checked in order to make sure I wasn't just doing the clutch wrong but it wasn't so. I pulled it apart again to see if it was just a loose wire or something along the lines. No go. I decided to check if it worked without the upper casing attached, and much to my surprise first and third worked, but not fifth. The gears only selected past the initial 'click' which is not accessible with the casing on.
While no doubt I am the one at fault for causing it, I was wondering if there was any suggestions to what might actually be at fault so my father can duly rectify it for me. And if I've truly wrecked it which I hope I haven't, I would appreciate any suggestions for aftermarket shifters that work for PC and PS3, if there are any at all.
Thanks in advance.
A little while ago I took apart my G25's shifter to put my mind at ease that the condition was alright (as it was bought second hand), even though I had been using it for about a month previously.
I finally reaquired a console at allowed me to use the clutch and H pattern features (PS3). Plugged in the wheel and started up GT6. The first thing I noticed was the reluctance for it to go into fifth. At first I thought I was screwing up the clutch as GT6 can be really pedantic about the application so I gave it no extra thought.
Next race I entirely lost the first 'row' - first, third, fifth. I countlessly checked in order to make sure I wasn't just doing the clutch wrong but it wasn't so. I pulled it apart again to see if it was just a loose wire or something along the lines. No go. I decided to check if it worked without the upper casing attached, and much to my surprise first and third worked, but not fifth. The gears only selected past the initial 'click' which is not accessible with the casing on.
While no doubt I am the one at fault for causing it, I was wondering if there was any suggestions to what might actually be at fault so my father can duly rectify it for me. And if I've truly wrecked it which I hope I haven't, I would appreciate any suggestions for aftermarket shifters that work for PC and PS3, if there are any at all.
Thanks in advance.