G25 Wheel settings

• Thread starter ps71py
  • 8 comments
Sgt71
Hi new to forum after taking a break with GT5 Prologue due to frustration. Still not got past S10 having breezed past all the others.
My question is. having always used the pad controller i went out spent a fortune on a logitech g25 and can't seem to drive as fast as with the controler. Is there a way of setting break and accelarator settings i.i sensativity. Plus anyone ot any tips for eneral drivin with the wheel. Directions to any preious posts welcom as I cant face reading all of them

Ta very much Sgt71

Hi new to forum after taking a break with GT5 Prologue due to frustration. Still not got past S10 having breezed past all the others.
My question is. having always used the pad controller i went out spent a fortune on a logitech g25 and can't seem to drive as fast as with the controler. Is there a way of setting break and accelarator settings i.i sensativity. Plus anyone ot any tips for eneral drivin with the wheel. Directions to any preious posts welcom as I cant face reading all of them

Ta very much Sgt71

I myself have just moved from a controller to a G25. Been about a week now. All i can say is practice, practice and yes, practice some more. To me its not the settings, as far as i know you cant adjust the sensativity of the pedals its just something you have to get used to. Like going from crawling to walking.

I'll say it once more. Practice is all you can do 👍

Accept the fact that if you've spent hundreds of hours honing your skills with a pad, it's going to take a while to reach a similar level with a wheel. In the end, using a G25 isn't about going faster, it's about having a more enjoyable, immersive experience. 👍

Accept the fact that if you've spent hundreds of hours honing your skills with a pad, it's going to take a while to reach a similar level with a wheel. In the end, using a G25 isn't about going faster, it's about having a more enjoyable, immersive experience. 👍

What he said... :D but you also have much more control over your car in general IMO... once you get the hang of it you will understand what Im talking about... like mentioned before it takes some practice... It took me about a week or two to get use to using a wheel and a couple more weeks to get my times to where they were... I have recently switched from a DFP to a G25 and that also took me a couple of days to get use too, and honestly my lap times are not where they were either with the DFP... so I still need practice :D

Practice, Practice, Practice.. At least you jumped right in to the G25 instead of a wheel without a clutch/shifter. I started with a DFGT and a few months later got the G25. It is better to get what you want then sacrificing for something else. It took me about 2 weeks before I got "really" comfortable with the G25. While playing GT5P drop down to Intermediate or even beginner with the wheel to get the feel for it. I am sure you have all driving aids off? I would keep them turned off, you may even have to tweak your car tunes also. Have fun and Practice!

BTW: H-shifter? You're going to get a lot of miss-shifts when you're starting out. Even after 2 years with my G25 I find I miss-shift once every two or three laps when I'm not FULLY concentrating. That will often cost you a second or two, enough to lose a close race! :ouch: (And let's not even talk about the clutch, which unfortuantely has no real "feel" to it).

Nevertheless, I love my H-shifter, it's just very satisfying to slam (well, it's kind of a floppy "slam" ;)) your way through the gears. Expect it to take a couple of months before it feels natural to you though...

(As far as S10 is concerned: it's a long time since I did GT5P offline, but I think like most people I resorted to completing a couple of the S events in Standard mode rather than Pro mode, which as I recall, allowed me to complete the event relatively easily.)

It can take a long time to get used to the wheel. Be patient, but once you're starting to get comfortable with it, there's really no replacement. I could never go back to a Dualshock 3 as a controller. Sure, when friends come over or something I'll use the DS3 from time to time, but I digress...

I got my G25 after my exams ended last June, it has been almost two months now since I've had it - admittedly, I haven't spent days on end getting used to it, I took the slow approach. Only now can I say that I'm starting to get consistent with it. Takes a while getting used to, and catching the car to keep it from going out of control is something that still gets the better of me sometimes...

It's a slow process, for me at least, then again, I'm far from a Michael Schumacher, and I don't intend or pretend to be either, but really, it's all about the fun. Winning the race almost becomes secondary.

But that's just me, and the way I approach it, might be you want to get fast quick. Clock the hours in that case, because there's no replacement for experience behind that wheel :)

-Z

nice one thanks for all the advice. I have nanaged to knock up a make shift table and pedal rest to make driving more realistic and that too has made a great difference.
Look fwd to improving

Sgt71

Back