G27 - a few "newb" questions for use with GT5

• Thread starter sdmf
  • 11 comments
xStinkyFingers
Hey guys,

I have a G27 and GT5. I got the G27 back in Jan/Feb and havent played around with the settings really. I have a few questions, wondering if anyone can help.

- Which wheel do I choose in the GT5 menus to change settings which will apply to the G27?
- Is there anything that can be done through a PC to change the settings on the G27 itself? Ie. Firmware, more advanced settings, then have it work on the PS3 when plugged back in? I used the G27 ONLY on the ps3, but wondering if there are any additional advances settings that im missing.

Thanks in advance folks.

edit - i still have the 1 or 2 CD's that came in the g27 box. I've never touched them. Are they of importance if I dont use this thing with a PC?

You can tweak your G25/G27 in the pc..but you cant carry the changes over to ps3. Its only affected when using it with the logitech soft...as far as i know.

In GT5, you´ve got only the configurations they allow you to have. Someone has mentioned that you have to select DRIVING FORCE PRO as your wheel in gt5.. dont know for sure.

Hey guys,

I have a G27 and GT5. I got the G27 back in Jan/Feb and havent played around with the settings really. I have a few questions, wondering if anyone can help.

- Which wheel do I choose in the GT5 menus to change settings which will apply to the G27?
- Is there anything that can be done through a PC to change the settings on the G27 itself? Ie. Firmware, more advanced settings, then have it work on the PS3 when plugged back in? I used the G27 ONLY on the ps3, but wondering if there are any additional advances settings that im missing.

Thanks in advance folks.

edit - i still have the 1 or 2 CD's that came in the g27 box. I've never touched them. Are they of importance if I dont use this thing with a PC?

SD, I'll try to help as I have a g27 and was at wits end also. In short, yes install the one disc in your laptop that came with the wheel. It will help you make manual adjustments. The other disc isn't relevent. After installation, you will have a logitec profiler icon in ur system tray. Plug the laptop into the wheel, open the profiler and follo the prompts to a screen that u can manually adjust FF. My gm was nearly unplayable until I could finally turn down FF. Also, there is a checkbox that allows you to choose ur profiler settings over the gm settings. Get back here with any questions and i'll walk you thru it.

SD, I'll try to help as I have a g27 and was at wits end also. In short, yes install the one disc in your laptop that came with the wheel. It will help you make manual adjustments. The other disc isn't relevent. After installation, you will have a logitec profiler icon in ur system tray. Plug the laptop into the wheel, open the profiler and follo the prompts to a screen that u can manually adjust FF. My gm was nearly unplayable until I could finally turn down FF. Also, there is a checkbox that allows you to choose ur profiler settings over the gm settings. Get back here with any questions and i'll walk you thru it.
Can you elaborate more on this? I just bought G27 for GT5 but haven't unpacked yet since eI'm waiting for wheel stand. So what setting do you need to change in order to make it better playable in GT5?

Driving force GT.
On the wheel, only top two buttons will be configurable (defaults are for rear view and highbeam). On the shifter, only the second and third big red buttons (default: select and start).
H shifter, paddles, PS buttons, clutch will be full functional.

Can you elaborate more on this? I just bought G27 for GT5 but haven't unpacked yet since eI'm waiting for wheel stand. So what setting do you need to change in order to make it better playable in GT5?

Out of the box it will work, but I needed to manually turn down the FF as the wheel was bouncin' and spinnin' without me doing any driving. Once you install the disc, you will see the individual sliders that control FF. How far you adjust the sliders is your own preference, but I turned it down 80-90% and it works great now with just the right amount of FF.

Out of the box it will work, but I needed to manually turn down the FF as the wheel was bouncin' and spinnin' without me doing any driving. Once you install the disc, you will see the individual sliders that control FF. How far you adjust the sliders is your own preference, but I turned it down 80-90% and it works great now with just the right amount of FF.

You are talking about for use on a pc right?

My info was use Driving Force Pro with your G25 or G27.

I'm in the same boat. So you install the disk on your ps3? Or on a laptop and the settings work on a ps3 and gt 5

Edit: nevermind. Just read you put it in your laptop. Sorry

Guys, thanks a ton for the info. This is great and now I don't feel like such a tool for asking. lol.

Anyways, Im totally wiped right now and might hit the sack so I can rest up and have a few cold ones tomorrow and try everything out with a clear head. Looking forward to it though.

Thanks again, I will post back with my results and/or questions.

I always thought the "plug and play" abilities for the G27 meant you just plugged them into your ps3 and you got what you got? So is what you are saying is that you can actually make adjustments on your computer to your wheel, and it'll save those adjustments within the wheel itself, and apply them while using it on the PS3?? sorry if I'm stupid here, thats just how I read this, thanks, Jeff

Oh cool, thanks for the info. I'll just tinker with the software and see if I can reduce its turning circle (900 is too much for me), increase brake pedal sensitivity etc. So I guess when you click on 'override game settings', it'll save the settings on wheel itself? I hope not in windows OS cause that would be useless for PS3 user.

Back