G27 Brake pedal radomly engaging. NEED HELP!!PS4 

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 8 comments
United States
MA
CAPECOD104 SGETI
I have PS4, a T300 with G27 pedals. I am using the Thrustmaster Wheel to Logitech Pedal Adapter .

The problem is the brake pedal randomly engages. Any where from 5-10% up to full 100%. Sometimes the gas stays at my input and other times the brakes goes full and the throttle goes to zero, even when I still have 100% full throttle. This happens for split seconds at a time. I used the HUD display and can see the brake pedal randomly engaging , the throttle going to zero. If you were driving behind me in a race you would swear I was brake checking you. I have tried on numerous tracks, numerous cars, quick mode, solo mode and online mode. Anyone have this happen to them?

This is what I have done to trouble shot the issue.

Unplugged wheel, yes I do have the switch on PS4.
Recalibrated the wheel and pedals.
Unplugged pedal adapter
I took apart the G27 pedals thinking it was the Potentiometers. Instead of cleaning the brake pedal, I switched out my full clutch pedal assembly with my broken brake assembly. I rarely have used the clutch, prefer paddles. So the clutch potentiometer is basically new.

I tried my PS3 with GT6 and the pedals work fine, not one issue. ????

I then tried PS4, Drive Club and again the peddles worked fine. ???

I need some help.

I am open to any and all ideas to fix this issue.

I have PS4, a T300 with G27 pedals. I am using the Thrustmaster Wheel to Logitech Pedal Adapter .

The problem is the brake pedal randomly engages. Any where from 5-10% up to full 100%. Sometimes the gas stays at my input and other times the brakes goes full and the throttle goes to zero, even when I still have 100% full throttle. This happens for split seconds at a time. I used the HUD display and can see the brake pedal randomly engaging , the throttle going to zero. If you were driving behind me in a race you would swear I was brake checking you. I have tried on numerous tracks, numerous cars, quick mode, solo mode and online mode. Anyone have this happen to them?

This is what I have done to trouble shot the issue.

Unplugged wheel, yes I do have the switch on PS4.
Recalibrated the wheel and pedals.
Unplugged pedal adapter
I took apart the G27 pedals thinking it was the Potentiometers. Instead of cleaning the brake pedal, I switched out my full clutch pedal assembly with my broken brake assembly. I rarely have used the clutch, prefer paddles. So the clutch potentiometer is basically new.

I tried my PS3 with GT6 and the pedals work fine, not one issue. ????

I then tried PS4, Drive Club and again the peddles worked fine. ???

I need some help.

I am open to any and all ideas to fix this issue.
If it works in DC then it must be a game issue. Silly question but I have to ask. Do you calibrate the wheels and pedals in the calibration menu before you race?

I calibrated before I raced. When that did not work I again recalibrated. still no help. thanks for trying

What might help: Assign the brake again in the assignments tab of the control options.

Appreciate the input, however I did try your suggestion already. I reset the pedals and wheel then did a full calibration, no help. Then did just the pedals, no help.

I play PCars on PC so wouldn't tell if the following might help:
- unplug the pedals
- assign the accelerator, brakes, etc to any button on the wheel and play a little with it, just to be sure if the problem are in the pedals or in the wheel itself (cable issue?)
- connect pedals again and reassign as it should be

@Rubencho appreciate the input. Real good idea, however the controller does the same thing. I have since tried:

I did rebuild the database. still same problem.

updated firm ware to V25, same problem.
plugged in the original Thrusmaster T300 pedals, still same problem.
The adapter is from Ricmotech, I talked to them last night, no circuits in the adapted, only rewiring tongle. Gave me trouble shooting info, again same problem.

I'm out of ideas :S it may be a game issue as Johnny pointed out, could you try your wheel set-up on another PS4? it may sound easy but in my case I am the only one from my close friends who play PCars on Pc :P

Full wipe of Pcars and re-install.

That was the solution to my problem.

In the scheme of things in life, losing my video game data is no big deal, not the worst thing to happen to me this month or even the whole year. Just another bump in the road of life.

APPRECIATE all who took the time to try and help me resolve this issue.

Back