G27 calibrating q?

Messages
3,095
United States
USA
Messages
ItsAllAboutWins
No this isn't another off center calibrating. I know about that :p what I'm curious is, when I start my ps3 with my wheel plugged in, it calibrates what I assume is normal. Turns full lock to the right, full lock to the left then return to center. When I start gt5 it calibrates again. But it goes to somewhere around 90 degrees, pauses then resumes a bit, pauses and goes to right lock then goes to normal left lock and back to center. Is this normal ?
 
I have not noticed where it stops, but my G25 wheel pauses very briefly during calibration when I start GT5.
There is no pause when I first turn the system on.
 
I have not noticed where it stops, but my G25 wheel pauses very briefly during calibration when I start GT5.
There is no pause when I first turn the system on.

Okay. I didn't know if this was normal. It doesn't pause when the system starts just when I start the game
 
No this isn't another off center calibrating. I know about that :p what I'm curious is, when I start my ps3 with my wheel plugged in, it calibrates what I assume is normal. Turns full lock to the right, full lock to the left then return to center. When I start gt5 it calibrates again. But it goes to somewhere around 90 degrees, pauses then resumes a bit, pauses and goes to right lock then goes to normal left lock and back to center. Is this normal ?

When you turn your ps3 on and your wheel calibrates that's normal when starting up GT5 my G27 does the same. It slightly turns right, pauses and it turns right, left then center. So I guess it's normal
 
In short, yes this is completely normal
 
Well now it's skipping when I turn the console on. The initial first turn, it barely moves maybe 20 degrees then stops and proceeds normally. It happened after I tried out the rfactor disc that came with it. Installed the Logitech driver then the game on my laptop. Hmm
 
Well now it's skipping when I turn the console on. The initial first turn, it barely moves maybe 20 degrees then stops and proceeds normally. It happened after I tried out the rfactor disc that came with it. Installed the Logitech driver then the game on my laptop. Hmm

That's normal because I have rfactor as well and tried my G27. You have nothing to worry about.
 
I think the short stop in calibrating the wheel is because when the game starts, it checks all usb-ports for connected devices. while checking, the wheel is activated just a second and turns a bit to one side.

Correct me if i´m wrong guys, just a guess! :)
 
I'm not sure that's the issue.

@ OP: If it's on and isn't calibrating properly still, (with it ON) try unplugging the usb then the power, then plug the power back in then the usb. Hopefully it should calibrate properly.

Edit: I found this info from the Logitech support forums.

Edit 2: Download and install the Logitech Gaming Software. It has a calibration and debug tool that I use all the time. It finds faults in you G27, doesn't fix them, but it lets you know problems exist.

Click here
 
I'm not sure that's the issue.

@ OP: If it's on and isn't calibrating properly still, (with it ON) try unplugging the usb then the power, then plug the power back in then the usb. Hopefully it should calibrate properly.

Edit: I found this info from the Logitech support forums.

Edit 2: Download and install the Logitech Gaming Software. It has a calibration and debug tool that I use all the time. It finds faults in you G27, doesn't fix them, but it lets you know problems exist.

Click here

I've tried unplugging, then plugging back in, starting the console without the g27 plugged in and plugging it in. Still the same thing. Ill give that link a try when I get home and see if I can find any faults. Thanks for all the input :)
 
Back