G27 Calibration

• Thread starter t_ray_z28
  • 5 comments
t_ray_z28
I was wondering if somebody could tell me what I may be doing wrong. My wheel seems overly touchy, as do the pedals. I just joined last night, and I did the calibration it prompted, and I've played with it a bit, but I just can't get a good feel for it! I'm used to Gran Turismo, and having a good strong feedback through the wheel, this feels like dead weight, and I'm sure I just didnt set it up properly! Thanks to anyone with advice!

Well if you said you have done the calibration properly and followed the prompts correctly, then I have to say that you have set it up right. I think your issue is that your use GT5. GT5 is not realistic I can tell you that, despite it being called a "sim" it is no where near true to life, cars have some how magic grip and traction control always on. iracing is more like traction control always off and more true to life.

Perhaps to make the pedals feel better get a Nixim mod. Before you ask what it is, please google it.

Try playing with the dampening in the logitech settings in windows. I think someone recommended 60%. Make sure its 900* too. As for pedals do you mean the brakes mainly? There is a brake modifier in the in game options. Setting it to 0 i think is linear (like GT5), though may make it harder to modulate the brakes.

With my pedals for the G27. Every single time I disconnect my G27 from PC and then reconnect.(basically every time i turn off iRacing) I need to fully depress the gas and brake to recalibrate. I learned this because one day I had just went out on track in the Miata and touched the brakes but the brake meter spiked up to 90% with that slight dab.... Didnt know what was going on and was getting huge lockup. Had to fully depress to calibrate brake to full range..

As for the wheel touchyness i know what you mean. The G27 steering wheel seems waay too light and touchy/twitchy with the base settings and low FFB setting in iRacing...(the ffb feels herky jerky but not enough to actually take wheel out of hands.)..At this point the lightness actually causes you to make your own mistakes. You need a heavier weight of wheel to absorb random movements....The steering wheel in a real car even with power steering has a heavier weight to it.

Try FFB at 40.
in game damping at like 13?

Then in the logitech profiler i had ffb strength on 76%.
damping and centering ill have to check later. play around with that until the wheel feels "meatier"...

Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate it! I'll give the suggestions a shot next time I get a chance to log on! On a side note, it's good to see both of you guys around, Tissimo and Blaze! Not that you'd of gone anywhere!

Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate it! I'll give the suggestions a shot next time I get a chance to log on! On a side note, it's good to see both of you guys around, Tissimo and Blaze! Not that you'd of gone anywhere!

As Tissimo said do you have the Logitech software installed on your PC?
You need to have it installed and running in the background before you start iRacing (at least I do or my G27 is completely spastic! lol)
you can find it here under downloads:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/441/5184

Back