G27 Driving me insane

• Thread starter Gozie5
  • 8 comments
What vibration are you referring to? If you mean all the FFB, then you can turn it off by setting Torque to zero in GT Sport. If, however, you are referring to the vibration that happens in GT Sport with road cars when they understeer, that seems to be an effect (or maybe a bug) that cannot be turned off or even attenuated anywhere in the game.

Either way, the max Torque you should be using with an old wheel like the G27 is 4, any more than that & there will be discernible clipping. Torque 4 & Sensitivity 10 is what I always used to use in this game.

VBR
What vibration are you referring to? If you mean all the FFB, then you can turn it off by setting Torque to zero in GT Sport. If, however, you are referring to the vibration that happens in GT Sport with road cars when they understeer, that seems to be an effect (or maybe a bug) that cannot be turned off or even attenuated anywhere in the game.

Either way, the max Torque you should be using with an old wheel like the G27 is 4, any more than that & there will be discernible clipping. Torque 4 & Sensitivity 10 is what I always used to use in this game.

Sorry I was so mad I was referring to the g29 not g27. I'm talking about the vibration when I drive over a curb, my whole table is vibrating! I put FFB torque and sensitivity to the minimum (1) or maximum (10) and the vibration is still there!

The option to turn vibration off is only for the controller!!!

In game settings, I can only lower the FFB to 1 minimum, the game won't allow 0 unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

I'm talking about the vibration when I drive over a curb
That's force feedback. It's supposed to do that. If you're running Countersteer Assist (particularly on Strong) it may be more pronounced.

That's force feedback. It's supposed to do that. If you're running Countersteer Assist (particularly on Strong) it may be more pronounced.

But why is it so strong even when I put the settings to 1? Literally 1 and 10 (with regards to the vibration) feels the same! Almost like the wheel is broken

And when I purposely went over the curb at 5mph, it was louder and more pronounced than when I went over the curb at 100+ mph! Makes no sense. My real car doesn't do this

But why is it so strong even when I put the settings to 1? Literally 1 and 10 (with regards to the vibration) feels the same! Almost like the wheel is broken

And when I purposely went over the curb at 5mph, it was louder and more pronounced than when I went over the curb at 100+ mph! Makes no sense. My real car doesn't do this
I have noticed sometimes when I'd leave my ps4 on rest mode and return to the game, my g29 would be very strong on ffb and as you describe, every bump feels like it's going to break the table. Turn off your ps4 and unplug your USB from the ps4. Verify your g29 is set to ps4 on top of the steering spoke. Re-insert the USB and restart the ps4, letting the wheel calibrate on start up. After you launch the game, hit circle on the wheel before touching anything else or any other controller. It should feel more normal. Hope it works for you.

I have noticed sometimes when I'd leave my ps4 on rest mode and return to the game, my g29 would be very strong on ffb and as you describe, every bump feels like it's going to break the table. Turn off your ps4 and unplug your USB from the ps4. Verify your g29 is set to ps4 on top of the steering spoke. Re-insert the USB and restart the ps4, letting the wheel calibrate on start up. After you launch the game, hit circle on the wheel before touching anything else or any other controller. It should feel more normal. Hope it works for you.

This same thing happens to me. I've also had luck flipping the switch to PS3 and then back to PS4. Seems to fix it after it recalibrates.

Did not make a difference. I now bought the F1 2019 game (PS4) and I'm having the same thing.

Wheel shaking, rattling and vibrating violently while going in a straight line. I haven't managed to adjust the settings yet as it's only the demo (will do full game soon)

As for GT sport, all settings are on minimum for the FFB. Does not matter if it's Gr3, gr4 formula etc, the violent vibration and rattling is the same for all while driving in a straight line at low speed.

This is my first wheel, I only got it because controller vfelt limited. But I'm much faster with controller because of this unrealistic ffb. My real car does not do this.

I tried this morning on my way to work to see how the wheel (in my real car) responds on its own and it only slightly/ gradually moved to one side, very slightly. However with the g29, if you add some gas, the wheel looks like it's having a seizure (once again all my setting (GT sport) are set to the absolute minimum)!

This isn't realistic! At this rate my controller is better!

Did not make a difference. I now bought the F1 2019 game (PS4) and I'm having the same thing.

Wheel shaking, rattling and vibrating violently while going in a straight line. I haven't managed to adjust the settings yet as it's only the demo (will do full game soon)

As for GT sport, all settings are on minimum for the FFB. Does not matter if it's Gr3, gr4 formula etc, the violent vibration and rattling is the same for all while driving in a straight line at low speed.

This is my first wheel, I only got it because controller vfelt limited. But I'm much faster with controller because of this unrealistic ffb. My real car does not do this.

I tried this morning on my way to work to see how the wheel (in my real car) responds on its own and it only slightly/ gradually moved to one side, very slightly. However with the g29, if you add some gas, the wheel looks like it's having a seizure (once again all my setting (GT sport) are set to the absolute minimum)!

This isn't realistic! At this rate my controller is better!
Could you provide some video of what you're talking about please?

Back