G27/ F10/ Monano

  • Thread starter Thread starter Magzire
  • 12 comments
  • 2,376 views
Messages
824
Messages
Magzire22
Since the wheel is locked at 900 degrees, try take the F2007 or F10 out on Monaco. Its nearly impossible with the G27. These cars are made for 200 degrees of steering. Have do to twice as much steering to a point were its unplayable.

Just me, or do other people find it ridiculous?
(btw normal cars are great with G27)

One the best wheels designed for the PS3 and they gave Logitech the finger.
Why oh why PD!! 👎👎
 
Don't have any of the Ferraris but with the FGT and GT Force Pro (predecessor of the DFGT) in 900 deg mode I have no problems in Monaco. Didn't need full lock even on the tightest turn.
 
Just went and tried it out and your right, it's totally shi*e. Instead of quarter turn for full lock you have to over half a turn.
 
Don't have any of the Ferraris but with the FGT and GT Force Pro (predecessor of the DFGT) in 900 deg mode I have no problems in Monaco. Didn't need full lock even on the tightest turn.

This is because the car wheels don't lock at 15-20 degrees but between 35-40 degrees like a street car which is not necessary with F1 cars. In another words you shouldn't ever have the need to turn the wheel more than 200 degrees unless you are trying to parallel park the F1 car. Plus I thought even F1 cars turn more than 200 degrees when running on Monaco because of the hairpin.
 
Last edited:
Watch Massa lapping Monaco in a F2007 and notice how he turned the wheel for well over 200 degrees at the tightest turn:
 
Plus I thought even F1 cars turn more than 200 degrees when running on Monaco because of the hairpin.

I've heard F1 teams have a special steering rack just for Monaco.
 
Yeah. That looks at least 540 degrees.

lol what, you know how degrees work right? was just under 360. Where you get 540 from.. love when ppl make stuff up haha
 
lol what, you know how degrees work right? was just under 360. Where you get 540 from.. love when ppl make stuff up haha

On the tightest hairpin, he turns it upside down (180) plus another half turn (90) for a total of 270 degrees in just that left hairpin. Taking into account that can do that in a right turn as well, it's 540 degrees. Not the hardest math in the world.
 
Watch Massa lapping Monaco in a F2007 and notice how he turned the wheel for well over 200 degrees at the tightest turn:



that's exactly the kind of steering turn I do with my DFGT

No problems at all.

You just need to get in the corner at the right pace


Also the FIA by Bernie Eccelstone has allowed teams to tune steering only for Monaco

but overall for all GP tracks the usual normal steering will still be better

that little corner wont be enough to save the other corners

also you can go just as quick is you enter at the right pace

if not then that only means you are not motivated enough to drive an F1 car
 
I've heard F1 teams have a special steering rack just for Monaco.

thats true only for monaco to make driver's job easier for that hairpin corner

its still just as quick if done at the right pace with normal steering
 
I know exactly what you are talking about. I was just thinking that the other day. I completely enjoy 900 degree steering for slower streetcars, but I could definitely benefit from smaller degree steering with an f1 car, and it would be a more accurate simulation. I hope that in a future update PD codes in 200 degree steering for cars that actually have it in the real world.

just out of curiosity, how many degrees of steering does an f1 car have? Do LM model cars have a smaller degree of steering than street cars?
 
Last edited:
Massa is turning at about 270 degrees in that vid......Although watch Jenson Button's 2009 pole lap, looks like just over 180!

 
Back