G27, how many own it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bigfoot
  • 24 comments
  • 1,343 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
103
Messages
julz1993
How many peoople have gone out and bought this overpriced steering wheel? I went to buy a sterring wheel and pedals today and i saw this for $499 austrlian dollars honestly why spend that much on a accesorie when you can buy a cheap paddock bomb for that?
 
People can do as they please with their money. What business is it of yours?
 
I am curious to see how many people own it dont get me wrong it looks really good but i couldnt justify spending that
 
Should've done your research first..
 
I bout one about 2 weeks ago $500 from Dick Smiths.
 
I bought mine a while ago for under $200 USD on Amazon.
 
Because I don't have anywhere to drive a paddock bomb...
Logitech Aus had a sale a couple of weeks ago, G27 for $334 delivered, which I took up :) I wouldn't have bought it just for GT5 though, I use it for PC too.

I don't have the resources to get into proper motorsport (or even land to thrash a paddock bomb around on), even though I'd love to, so virtual racing it is for me.
 
I got mine from the logitech dealer on e-bay for $349AU just after Christmass. Bargin.
 
bought mine for 300, spent another 100 on a cockpit...well worth it.
 
I remember when G25's were £150.. Haven't looked much, but G27's are anything up to and over twice that now.
 
I got mine for $460 from Dick Smith.

The value of money is subjective. Things cost money. You buy things to enjoy the things.

You can die with money, or you can die with a g27. The choice is yours.
 
When you're a kid, it seems like a lot of money.

Once you grow up, a few hundred really isn't a lot. For most, that's 1-3 days of work ... I mean, I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination and it easily fits in my budget ... GF thinks I'm nuts, though. Of course, girls spend that much on a pair of boots they might where twice a year, so ...
 
I got mine as a birthday present. I think it was 449 at Games. Dont think its a lot as it really enhance the whole gt5 experience. Now I am looking for a cockpit.
 
Got mine nearly a year ago for $400 on eBay. Proceeded to build a cockpit. Money well spent.
 
I need a cockpit to go with mine too but I just cant imagine building one that is more comfy than my lounge, I'm currently using a modified sawhorse to hold the wheel and shifter.
 
Got mine for the game and added a wheelstandpro to it. Really happy with it. Makes the game so much more immersive and improves your real life driving ability, no end.

If the experience gained from using it helps you prevent a real crash one day then I'd say it's well worth the cash.

ALSO

Being able to learn to drift without spending thousands on a set up car (or inevitably repairing it many times) is also far cheaper.

A couple of plus points :)
 
I've got one and it's well worth the price, the feel and robustness is incredible. Although some buttons does not work nor designed to work with GT5 but works fine with F1 2010 and other computer racing sims. Just by holding the steering wheel I'm sure every G27 owners will agreed that it does worth every penny of its cost, the all around leather and the metal shifter just made it different compared to any other racing controller out there. I have tried Thrustmasters, Logitech but not Fanatec yet. I have to admit I'm a Logitech fan in terms of wheel controllers, I have the Ferrari wheel and the DFP. Logitech makes great products, according to rumors out there the G27 compatibility issue is not their fault perhaps it is a $$$$ matter with Thrustmasters and PF.......

last, i loved my G27.!
 
I have the previous model G25. It's brilliant. I have also tested the lesser and newer Logitech wheels and I can assure you the G25/27 are waaay better. Much stronger servo motors and feedback. Can be tiresome to wrestle with your wheel some times and can cause your hands and wrists to ache, but you do feel you're driving a proper race car.
 
Mine will be here Wens $230 USD. Hopefully I love it.....(for GT5 on the PS3)
 
G27 here. I swore by a controller, until I tried a steering wheel. It's so much more precise and smooth. Once you get one, you never go back!
 
I've got a Logitech Driving Force GT, but I've been thinking I might get a G27 this summer. I like the steel pedals and overall higher quality (and much more expensive) build. The brake pedal on my DFGT occasionally gets sticky and doesn't want to come all the way back up. I fix it by holding it upside down, shaking it, blowing in it, and firmly moving the pedal back and forth a few times. It's been working fine for a couple weeks now, but I still worry that it might be on its last legs.

I play quite a few racing games and I think it might be time for me to invest in a better quality rig. The G27 is about $340 American, so it's not too terrible expensive. I guess. :indiff:
 
G25 here, me likes sequential shifting. :)
 
When you're a kid, it seems like a lot of money.

Once you grow up, a few hundred really isn't a lot. For most, that's 1-3 days of work ... I mean, I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination and it easily fits in my budget ... GF thinks I'm nuts, though. Of course, girls spend that much on a pair of boots they might where twice a year, so ...
lol, I think you're dreaming.
 
I think I've spent $270 for my G25 when I got it. It was a lot compared to when I got the DFP($170), but the pedal set easily worth the difference...
 
You do realise we have whole other forums apart from the GT5 ones? Like the steering wheels forum...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back