G27 not completing it's calibration sequence, blinking light.

• Thread starter Masgel
  • 1 comments
Estonia
Estonia
So, as the title implies, I've got a G27 that's not willing to co-operate properly. Plugging in the USB, it only turns to one end and then the other, but doesn't go back to the center, but rather starts it over again. And so for a third time, until it gives up and leaves me with a blinking light on the shifter prop.
BUT the software recognizes button imputs, pedal presses and shifter movement. Only thing that doesn't show up is steering angle.

So far I've:
-Replaced the motherboard (Previous one shorted it's controller chip, leaving GND and + shorted)
-Replaced the encoder wheel with a metal one (Previous one cracked up and broke, as per usual)

-Not replaced motors since refurbishing it 4 years ago or the power adapter, even though the multimeter gives out the correct power output (24V printed on the adapter, 23.7V read on the multimeter, should probably mention that the adapter wasn't original since I got the set, but it didn't stop me from racing with it).

Most of the faults I see people report for these wheels seem to NOT match up with the problem I'm having. Either that or I haven't searched deep enough.

Anyone else gone through this? Or even bothered to? I know it's an old girl, but I'm not giving up yet.

EDIT1: So, an extra fewty minutes of experimenting, I've determined one of the FFB motors to have gone weak. Tested that theory my switching the motors' places. At first it was the one on the encoder's side that was running weak, after switching it's still the one that had the encoder attached. Oh dear.

Last edited:
Back