G27 ouch.... lol what an eye opener!

Flyingbanana03
Today I have finally had my first hands on with my new G27. It seems as if at some point down the road it will indeed be better but right now its just painful! Any suggestions to ease this pain?

I actually quit playing GT5P for some time and played forza now i feel totally lost again... Ugh Forza needs alot of help to simulate anything properly....

When I first started playing with my G27 I used the Ferrari F40 and turned all aids off. I used the time trial mode, so there were no other cars, but I just practiced over and over on the different tracks.

Personally, the Ferrari F40 is one of the hardest cars to drive, so when I perfected driving that, everything else was easy. The only downfall of the g27 with Prologue is the lack of paddle support, so I can't drive the Ferrari F1 car with it.

A little off topic, but do you know how to get the clutch to work with this game? I keep hearing people say that it supports the clutch, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I use the "Professional" physics setting, and I used whatever the default tires are in time trial.

Parker

Last edited:
hold triangle as the race is starting.... Triangle is the button at the very top of the shifter look at it like a ps pad :) you can switch between clutch and no clutch this way during the race as well

f40 isnt that difficult to drive, because of the longer gear ratios, it gives you much more time to shift, compared to some of the other cars. I too also got my g27 last week and have been practicing every night doing time trials driving back n forth learning when to shift, downshift, etc. I find the F40 not that difficult to drive, its definitely geared more for top speed.

hold triangle as the race is starting.... Triangle is the button at the very top of the shifter look at it like a ps pad :) you can switch between clutch and no clutch this way during the race as well

I appreciate the information. I'm going to try it right now.

f40 isnt that difficult to drive, because of the longer gear ratios, it gives you much more time to shift, compared to some of the other cars. I too also got my g27 last week and have been practicing every night doing time trials driving back n forth learning when to shift, downshift, etc. I find the F40 not that difficult to drive, its definitely geared more for top speed.

For me, the F40 is the hardest car to drive with sport tires. The 'Vette and maybe a few other were difficult as well, but overall I found the F40 to be the hardest. I couldn't control it with Professional physics on a Dualshock 3, but with the G27 it is so much better.

Out of curiosity, what cars do you fin the most difficult to drive?

I don't find the F40 hard to drive because of the gear ratios, but more the handling. The hardest for me though has to be the Ford GT LM.

Got my wheel yesterday and I must admit, it's awesome. I've been playing Forza 3 with the xbox wheel and when comparing the two, the G27 is on another level! The FF is fantastic!

I found the F40 to be quite challenging as well, handling wise. I did a few laps in the E92 M3 as well and found it much easier to get use to using the wheel.

Back