g27 potentiometer

• Thread starter OAB4nd1t
  • 17 comments
I occasionally have a stab at finding "proper" replacement pots for my pedals, because sooner or later my brake pedal is going to give up ! And I just found this , the site say's no modification is required, we'll see, I just ordered one to try it out.

Anyone know if this would work for the PS3 and be a straight forward replacement for a wornout potentiometer without any modification or calibration needed?

IMGP0177_0.jpg

AP electrix
http://apelectrix.com/index.html

I'm pretty sure thats a brake pedal, wouldn't work for an accelerator, had a quick go at fitting the pot I got in the post last night, the signs are promising, but I'll have to wait till the weekend to be 100 percent sure they are going to work, but I'm quietly confident.

As soon as I can confirm they work I'll post here.

Anyone know if this would work for the PS3 and be a straight forward replacement for a wornout potentiometer without any modification or calibration needed?

IMGP0177_0.jpg

AP electrix
http://apelectrix.com/index.html

It works with the PS3:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123963#post3692033

But Andy has not been making them for the best part of half a year. As No_46 says, it's only a brake pedal, but nothing to stop you reusing the old brake pot on another pedal if needs be.

It works with the PS3:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123963#post3692033

But Andy has not been making them for the best part of half a year. As No_46 says, it's only a brake pedal, but nothing to stop you reusing the old brake pot on another pedal if needs be.

Thats what I was thinking. Is Andy thinking of getting a new batch to sell in the near future? I would love to get my hands on this one since the price is more apealing than the perfect pedal.

Hi,
Does anyone know where you can buy the 10k pots used on g27/g25?

I am in uk.

cheers n see you on track

Hi there I would like to give you guys some advice regarding the G25/G27 pots.
I too recently had a problem with my throttle which only gave me 90% throttle, and when i came off the throttle completely i still had random flickering of power around 20% throttle. I read this forum with advice regarding replacement pots.

What I did was bought some electrical contact cleaner, sprayed it inside of the potentiometer and it has worked perfectly ever since. It stands to reason that if the pot is still working it probably just needs cleaning up. I have to say the cleaner works absolutely fantastic, and its also much easier and cheaper to buy some contact spray. Some people recommend wd40, but i think that is a very bad idea. Buy a well branded contact cleaner, because agents like wd40 will only collect more dust and grime over time, as it doesn't evaporate like a contact cleaner.

/FraG

^Wow WD40 on electronics? Are they high? WD40's not even good for anything let alone electronics. It's probably the case that the wiper inside the potentiometer is arching, building up carbon over time, and therefor increasing the resistance, lowering the pedals effectiveness, cleaning it should work, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace the pots if they are a few years old, and have gotten alot of use, most electrical supply store should carry that body style, I know my school has a few of those 10K pots.

P_Lav
^Wow WD40 on electronics? Are they high? WD40's not even good for anything let alone electronics. It's probably the case that the wiper inside the potentiometer is arching, building up carbon over time, and therefor increasing the resistance, lowering the pedals effectiveness, cleaning it should work, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace the pots if they are a few years old, and have gotten alot of use, most electrical supply store should carry that body style, I know my school has a few of those 10K pots.

Your bog standard 10k pots won't work, trust me, I've tried alot of them.

The G25/27 uses non-standard 10k pots, look at my post above and you'll see a link to a site that sells replacement pots that work straight out of the packet.

I just don't see the difference listed on that site, and the regular carbon pots I've used at school, the ones sold at the sim shop don't look all that special. Correct me, but I don't see what makes them any better.

He posts a diagram on the linked thread. Standard pots are full range pots. The g27 uses a non standard short range pot, where only a third from the llooks is 0-10k and the lower third is no resistance, and the upper third is full resistance.

PIGBOY
pigboy has this problem with his pedals.tried a tune from a member of GTPlanet and the car(599) was a plough(beat the lap times 2nd lap).lucky i saw the accelerator thingie flickering and went "aahhhh"..simshop,here i come.....the screws that hold pedal plates on look great silver,not the standard black,but thats being picky.im more worried about the wheel itself crashing from side to side when you start up,sounds harsh.does it 3 times because a GT5 icon isnt there on me ps3 so i load another game,them hit P button,then icon appears,strange but i live with it.
this thread has helped me alot,the quick search b4 starting a thread was usefull..
bye

1 other thing,i suppose all 3 pods are the same?

Not sure I understood all of that !

But yes, all three pots on the pedals are the same.

If you mean your wheel has three atempts at calibrating then gives up, it sounds like the encoder wheel has become loose, easy to fix so don't panic.

Hi there I would like to give you guys some advice regarding the G25/G27 pots.
I too recently had a problem with my throttle which only gave me 90% throttle, and when i came off the throttle completely i still had random flickering of power around 20% throttle. I read this forum with advice regarding replacement pots.

What I did was bought some electrical contact cleaner, sprayed it inside of the potentiometer and it has worked perfectly ever since. It stands to reason that if the pot is still working it probably just needs cleaning up. I have to say the cleaner works absolutely fantastic, and its also much easier and cheaper to buy some contact spray. Some people recommend wd40, but i think that is a very bad idea. Buy a well branded contact cleaner, because agents like wd40 will only collect more dust and grime over time, as it doesn't evaporate like a contact cleaner.

/FraG

I had exactly the same problem since a few weeks,both Accel and brake, I used the contact cleaner spray but it only totally fix the problem when i spray the USB into the plug of the PS3. Only after this the problem was fixed 100%.

Back