G27 problem?

• Thread starter kengan
  • 4 comments
UNO_Ken
Hey guys, I just purchased a logitech g27 from a local bestbuy a few days ago. I tried it today with the rfactor demo cd today and it was really glitchy, I think the wheel only had 180 degree turning (maybe cause it was a F1 sim) and that when I hit a wall, the wheel would just get "stuck" in a left turn (If I don't move the wheel it is slanted leftwards). Also when I was in the test mode of the logitech gaming software, I pressed on the gear shifts (the ones on the wheel, not the stick) and the wheel started jerking back and forth for a few seconds, was this a part of the testing or is there something wrong?

This is the first time I purchased a driving wheel and don't want to waste my money for nothing. If there are any problems I'd like to return it before the 30 day period is up..

Thanks for all your help.

It could also be that the suspension of your car in rFactor was damaged and caused the steering wheel to turn left. The wheel starting to 'jerk' is part of the software. The wheel is testing it's FFB. If you press another button on the wheel while in the software, the wheel will start to move or jerk again but differently than when you used the paddle shifter.

Every button has it's function in the gaming software. It's, like I said, just a test for all the FFB features. E.g. blown tire, rumble strip, collision etc... .

About the 180°. You think that the wheel has only 180° turn? It's possible that the degrees are set to 180° in the gaming software or in rFactor.

Does you wheel calibrates itself when you start your pc or game? If so, then there is probably nothing wrong. I could be wrong though. It's not easy to say with the limited information you provided.

yeah the wheel does calibrate itself when the games start, there's nothing wrong with the wheel alignment at all.

I just got a copy of gt5 prologue and tried playing it on my PS3, nothing seems to be wrong there, but there does seem to be a lot of force feedback, is this normal? I thought the wheel would be turning with a lot less resistance but it actually has a lot of resistance, especially at high speed. Maybe I'm just not used to it.

Most games have an adjustment for the amount of force feedback sent to the wheel.
If you want less, then turn the settings down a lillte.

Real race cars have no power steering, and powering through a corner at 180mph certainly makes the wheel a bit harder to turn. This is an attempt to make the driving experience as real as possible, so just turn back the dial a bit if it's too much for your taste.

As far as I can tell, there is nothing wrong with your G27. If it calibrates automatically when you start the game and all seems to be well in GT5p, than your wheel is working properly.

About the FFB in GT5p, maybe someone else can help. I haven't played GT5p since 2008 and that was with a G25.

Back