G27 Shifter Doesn't Work

• Thread starter Turtle
  • 4 comments
United States
Portland, Oregon
I just bought a used G27 last week, and it's worked fine for a couple days on both my PC and PS3. Now all of a sudden, the shifter doesn't work at all but everything else seems fine. Force feedback works, pedals work, it calibrates itself when it's supposed to, etc. None of the shifter buttons move through menus on the PS3 and it isn't detected in the controller calibration tool on my PC. All of the cables are plugged in securely and I've tried multiple different outlets as well. The green light on the shifter is dimmer than usual, but it isn't blinking.

I can't find anyone online with the same set of problems as me, so anyone have any ideas? I may try opening the shifter to see if the cable has come loose but I'd like to exhaust all other possibilities before that.

The green light on my shifter is usually dim when I only have the USB plugged in, but I haven't turned on the power to the wheel yet.

I've just checked my shifter and with only the USB plugged in (no power brick connected), the Logitech profiler still recognises the input from the shifter.

If I were you, I'd take apart the shifter and check the cable for continuity from the connections within the shifter to the plug. You would need a continuity tester, most cheap multi-meters have the function, so if you haven't got one, perhaps you can borrow one.

The green light on my shifter is usually dim when I only have the USB plugged in, but I haven't turned on the power to the wheel yet.
Yep, that's what most of the things I've found online seem to point to, but since my wheel and pedals still work I know that can't be it.

Yep, that's what most of the things I've found online seem to point to, but since my wheel and pedals still work I know that can't be it.
That's why I suspect cable damage between the wheel base and the shifter.

I think that there's a connector within the shifter, so perhaps that has somehow been dislodged? It could be worth opening it up and taking a quick look. ;)

That's why I suspect cable damage between the wheel base and the shifter.

I think that there's a connector within the shifter, so perhaps that has somehow been dislodged? It could be worth opening it up and taking a quick look. ;)
That's my guess as well, looks like I'll be opening the thing up when I get a chance.

Back