g27 shifter on g25, no soldering required

I had been searching for the past few days, the pot on my original g25 shifter finally bit the dust. In a bind I ordered the g27 shifter seeing that the plug could be rewired to work with the g25 wheel. Then I hit me, if the circuit boards are the same shouldn't the outputs to the plug be the same? Answer is yes.

All you have to do is swap this cable from the g25 to the g27 shifter.
xvdyS5z.png

It has worked on every game I've tried including gt6 with zero issues. So instead of throwing out the good old handy g25 just cause the shifter cropped out, order a new g27 one for 30 bucks or less and swap them out.

A new G27 shifter is only $30? Where can you order it separately from? Just in case my G27 shifter craps out in the future.

That's great news, now this mod is easily reversible.
I was eventually going to do this but was hesitant due to the mod being fairly permanent (other DIY's replace & re-order the plug on the wheel end). I've got a new g27 shifter standing by for when its needed.

Thanks @vfrmaverick !

A new G27 shifter is only $30? Where can you order it separately from? Just in case my G27 shifter craps out in the future.

Logitech sell the shifter themselves look here

Last edited:
Yeah, I looked at the Logitech Canada website and couldn't find the option to buy the shifter separately.

Yeah, I looked at the Logitech Canada website and couldn't find the option to buy the shifter separately.

That is odd I looked as well and couldn't find it. if you wanted to buy from them you might be able to contact them and tell them what you're looking for. Here's the shifter part number from the US site: 993-000384

Logitech Customer Sales 1-800-231-7717, Monday through Friday from 6am - 6pm PST.

That is odd I looked as well and couldn't find it. if you wanted to buy from them you might be able to contact them and tell them what you're looking for. Here's the shifter part number from the US site: 993-000384

Logitech Customer Sales 1-800-231-7717, Monday through Friday from 6am - 6pm PST.

Thanks man. I don't need it now though. I just wanted to know where to find one if mine does break.

sorry to bring up an old thread, but is that cable the one that plugs into the steering wheel? just wondering as im thinking of doing the opposite and putting a g25 shifter on a g27 wheel

Back