G27 throttle pedal issue.

• Thread starter carcoll13
  • 7 comments
carcoll13
Hi guys, been awhile.

I just recently started playing GT5 again last week.
Today I was doing the time trial seasonal event on Spa with the Mazda 787B when 5 laps in, my throttle stuck.

For the first five minutes the throttle was stuck at 7/8, and now the throttle pedal just won't register at all.
The harder I press the brake pedal, the more throttle there is, but that helps me none.

Any pointers on how to go about fixing this?
Thanks

First, is the pedal physically stuck or is it just registering without being pushed down?

Second, did you unplug and replug in the pedals?

Finally, if you haven't ever cleaned them, there might be something stuck in there. Here is a description of how to clean them. I wouldn't think this would be your issue, but if all else fails and they are out of warranty, it might be worth doing.

http://www.insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=150&t=4671

i had an issue like yours. The gas peddle would register without being pushed. No matter what i did the gas peddle would not respond. My brake was fine. I took apart the pedals and made sure all connections were tight. I used needle noise pliers to crimp the connections tight. Reassembled and now all is working well. I have to say when i checked the connections all appeared tight, however i crimped all of them to make sure. good luck.

The harder I press the brake pedal, the more throttle there is

Like mine sometime ago.I did nothing and now its working again?:) Like so many times in GT,strange "problems" occures when using G27(brakes on,throttle on,etc),many times it has nothing to do with your wheel beeing broken.It is what it is in GT5.

I suggest plugging the wheel into your PC and finding out using Logitech software if both axis are registering correctly.

If they are then I suspect it's a fault at GTs end, but I highly doubt it.

Speaking of 'strange problems', this could be because I'm new to it, but, when you miss a gear, I seem to need to press the clutch in again (obviously), but also take it out and then back into the same gear... Is it trying to simulate gear crunching?

Conza
Speaking of 'strange problems', this could be because I'm new to it, but, when you miss a gear, I seem to need to press the clutch in again (obviously), but also take it out and then back into the same gear... Is it trying to simulate gear crunching?

I don't know if it's trying to simulate anything, but that happens to everyone. It's a pain in the ass too.

Thanks for all the help you guys, I will make sure to clean the pedals at least every six months.

However, the problem was obvious.
With my current stand, there is some slack in the cord coming from the pedals.
This cord was getting grinded from the teeth under the pedals on every heel-toe, so it should be fixed in no time. =]

Also yes, Conza, I think that has to do with an attempt to prevent flat-shifting, very annoying.
Project C.A.R.S surely won't be like that!

Back