G27 Wheel FFB not reaching full strength

• Thread starter Grippy
  • 2 comments

Grippy

(Banned)
Australia
Australia
It takes around 20mins or more of racing before I can reach full strength on this wheel now. Playing without full strength results in me driving all over the place and the car feels really unbalanced, like it's bottoming out constantly but you don't feel much warning in the wheel before you counter incorrectly. G27 is 3+ years old IIRC

How do I fix this? A friend said I might have to tighten a screw on the inside but I've never done such things before.

That's weird, it's usually the other way around; DC motor coil resistance changes with temperature so their torque drops off as they warm up. Does it calibrate slowly? Check Youtube videos for examples of what G27s should look like when they calibrate. All I can think is maybe some capacitors have aged, leaked or blown, that's usually the cause of an electronic problem that gets better or worse over a short period of time. But if you're not confident tightening a screw, you're probably not going to be able to open it up to have a look and then diagnose the problem... It's not exactly the most straightforward thing ever. But then again, it's broken either way and it's easier to take apart than a DFGT, so there's that I guess?

Latest Posts

Back