G27 wheel with G25 shifter and adapter on PS3

• Thread starter steamcat
  • 5 comments
I recently picked up a used G25 shifter unit. I also purchsed Derek Speares' G25 to G27 shifter adapter so I could have a sequential shifter option. Has anybody used this combination successfully with GT5 on the PS3? (ie. G27 wheel with G25 shifter and adapter). Unfortunately the G25 shifter I got requires some repairs so I haven't been able to prove that this will work.

Thanks....

I thought about doing this, but didn't in the end, because I found out that the 6 shifter can work without a clutch, so between that and the paddles, I don't miss the sequential shifter, like I had on my DFGT.

Hope that helps, even though I completely avoided your question :D

I thought about doing this, but didn't in the end, because I found out that the 6 shifter can work without a clutch, so between that and the paddles, I don't miss the sequential shifter, like I had on my DFGT.

Hope that helps, even though I completely avoided your question :D

Thanks Conza. Good info - but I'm still hoping someone will answer my original question :)

I don't see why it wouldn't work. There's a diagram somewhere that shows how to rewire one to work on the other.

What needs repaired on the shifter? If it's any of the shifter mechanism, consider buying a new G27 shifter from Logitech's store ($30), and swap the top halves.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. There's a diagram somewhere that shows how to rewire one to work on the other.

What needs repaired on the shifter? If it's any of the shifter mechanism, consider buying a new G27 shifter from Logitech's store ($30), and swap the top halves.

Thanks Eric. I haven't had a chance to open up the shifter yet. If it's the mechanism, I might use the opportunity to build a dedicated sequential shifter and wire it thru the G25 shifter unit. It all depends on what I find inside. Home related projects are taking up my sim racing build time :grumpy:

Ah Yes you CAN I am doing so,

Explanation:-

While the G25 to G27 Shifter Units are not directly compatible ie Plug into each other the method of making it so is so bloody simple it's laughable.

Logitech must think all us racer's are rather stupid. I started investigating this since pots were not available from Logitec and I have since found a suitable replacement.

Now apart from the obvious sequential mechanism components the electronics of the G25 and G27 Shift units are Electrically IDENTICAL in fact if you have the mechanism from an old G25 shifter then by drilling one hole for the LED and soldering in a microswitch to turn the LED on and switch the chip from 3rd and 4th to 1st and 2nd as shown on the Calibration GUI in Windows then you G27 Shift has morphed into a G25 .

To get your G25 Shifter working as part of your G27 System all you need to do is a VERY basic rewire of the DB9 Socket on the Shifter Cable.

As shown in the diagram below the G25 Plug is wired ever so slightly different with a jumper linking Pin 9 to Pin 1 and a Purple wire on Pin 7

Where as the G27 has Pins 9 and 7 linked with the purple wire moved to Pin 1 .

To make the G25 Shifter compatible with the G27 Wheel you remove the wire link from Pin 1 and solder it to Pin 7, linking Pins 9 and 7

The Purple wire currently on Pin 7 gets soldered to Pin 1.

Thats it your done.

See the image below.

If you want your G25 Shifter to work with the G27 Wheel you wire your G25 Shifter Cable as indicated in the bottom G27 Diagram.

If you want your G27 Shifter to work with the G25 Wheel then re-wire the Plug on the G27 Shifter Cable as per the G25 Diagram.

PLEASE bare in mind the Colour substitution difference between the G256 and G27
Pin 5 G27 White = G25 Red
Pin 9 G27 Red = G25 Black
ALL other wire colours are identical and go to the exact same pins inside the Shifters.

Back