G29 accelerater peddle issue

• Thread starter wigs2009
  • 9 comments
Ireland
drogheda/louth/eire
wigs2009
Hi guys,my accelerater peddle stopped working last night. It seems to be at 10% speed when the paddle is pushed fully down. And when my foot is fully off the peddle it still isles at about 10%. Any help would be appreciated. My g29 is 2 years old and it's the first issue I've had.

Open the wheel base and start cleaning the pot with compressed air. Hopefully that does it.

Once you solve it, you might ducktape the holes on the potentiometers so no dust collects in them.

I am using a 12 year old G25, still on a daily basis.

Open the wheel base and start cleaning the pot with compressed air. Hopefully that does it.

Once you solve it, you might ducktape the holes on the potentiometers so no dust collects in them.

I am using a 12 year old G25, still on a daily basis.
Thanks Marco I will take it apart this weekend and have a look. I will keep you posted.

There are some nice videos on youtube to disassemble the G25/27/29. Don't be that guy to rip of the cables ;)

cleaning out my pedal pots has become a monthly job. I've already swapped the throttle pot with the unused clutch pot off my old G27. Things don't appear dirty inside but a good squirt of electronic cleaner and we're good for another month. Any suggestions for a longer cure guys?

cleaning out my pedal pots has become a monthly job. I've already swapped the throttle pot with the unused clutch pot off my old G27. Things don't appear dirty inside but a good squirt of electronic cleaner and we're good for another month. Any suggestions for a longer cure guys?

Clean the room you are racing in?

Every month? That is not good for the parts in the potmeter. Vacuum cleaning your room and equipment is.

Back