G29 Brake Pedal making a weird noise

DesertPenguin

(Banned)
United States
Long Island, New York
DesertPenguin_

I have no idea what caused it but it's been like that for awhile. I opened the bottom once when first mounting them and couldn't find anything obvious physically causing the noise. Should I just call Logitech and get a new G29?

Watch this youtube video,. Also watch some others on youtube It sounds like the rubber in your brake pedal is doing something funky. You might be able to take the screws on the pod out without taking the base apart. Just make sure you unplug it first and work on it where you will not lose any parts. I'm still using my G25 pedals that I put GTE brake spring in over 5 years ago used the same pedals on G25/G27,and now my G29.

Call Logitech or you could swap it with the clutch pedal. They are all the same except the springs.

Your spring might be broken. I had one break once. It still creates almost the same amount of resistance, but the steel overlaps and makes a clicking noise as one piece slides over the other. Either that or the plastic cylinders may just be rubbing against themselves and sticking. I remember dealing with that issue too. I lubed the cylinders up with some clear silicone grease. I had my G29 pedals apart several times. Trickiest part is getting the wires all lined back up before you screw everything back together. Good luck.

EDIT: I had my G27 pedals apart several times. I haven't owned a G29 - just so used to seeing the number I had a brain fart.

Last edited:
Back