G29 brake pedal spring broken. Where to get replacements in the UK

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by mattikake, Dec 2, 2018.

1. mattikake

mattikake

As said in the title, the spring broke seemingly when I wasn't using it - worked one day, broken the next but never noticed anything break whilst I was using it.

So anyway, where can I get a replacement? I can't find a listed replacement part on the logitech site. There are various mods to add harder feel but tbh I would want it softer if anything - I frequently don't brake hard enough as it is.

2. gtic_ybear

gtic_ybear

Gteye

Oshawa-Joe likes this.
  3. Traks1

Traks1

Agree with above but their brake spring is heavier than stock so have a look at their replacement throttle or clutch springs maybe?.

4. mattikake

mattikake

Thanks for the replies.

I had a look at Gteye but the brake spring was about 1/3 harder than stock.

What I actually did was take the softer clutch spring out and put that in the brake pedal. Then took the half broken brake spring, put in a plastic stopper (actually the lid from an eliquid bottle!) and put that in the clutch because the clutch is a bit of an on/off switch anyway.

Loving the feel of a softer brake pedal that becomes very firm quickly as it hits the rubber stopper that sits inside it. I would claim I'm lapping faster but I need to remember my old laptimes first!

Lets see how long the softer spring lasts...

gtic_ybear and Traks1 like this.