G29 button activation problem

• Thread starter rehdogg15
  • 6 comments
United Arab Emirates
UAE
Crococdile
I have a really bad problem with my G29 that started happening last week. Whenever I turn right for like... 180 degrees all the buttons click at the same time. For example, when I oversteer a little bit and try to correct it (left corner) I need to countersteer to the right, which activates it. It takes me to the share screen all the time when this happens, so I can't control the car until I go back to the game, or it just pauses it.

This issue is really annoying and makes countersteering impossible, so I was wondering if there is a fix for it?

Exactly the symptoms of a break in the cable that connects the main PCB to the wheel buttons PCB. It takes a lot of twisting and they don't make it well enough. You might find it stops calibrating in PS4 mode soon, although it still will in PS3 mode. Warranty claim if you can, otherwise there's some info here if you can DIY. I got mine working again but then switched to a T300 anyway.

Exactly the symptoms of a break in the cable that connects the main PCB to the wheel buttons PCB. It takes a lot of twisting and they don't make it well enough. You might find it stops calibrating in PS4 mode soon, although it still will in PS3 mode. Warranty claim if you can, otherwise there's some info here if you can DIY. I got mine working again but then switched to a T300 anyway.
Thanks for answering. I believe my warranty ran out by now, so I'll have to replace it or DIY. Just a quick question, is the T300 reliable or does it also have some bad issues like this?

Thanks for answering. I believe my warranty ran out by now, so I'll have to replace it or DIY. Just a quick question, is the T300 reliable or does it also have some bad issues like this?
The t300 has had far more issues and most of them because of overheating. I've read stories of people owning 4 of them within a short range of time. A failing g29 is very rare. If I was you I would take it as a signal to upgrade though. But don't know if you want to invest more $ in this hobby.

A failing g29 is very rare.

I know the G25/27 had a good reputation, but G29 does seem to have this issue a bit too often. Searching for "G29 failing to calibrate" finds quite a few cases, sadly.

Mine is still going, but I'm not heavily using it or have FFB set very high. Since its main issue seems to be overheating related, there's a way to force its fan to run full speed all the time (using the PC software) which ought to help.

I much prefer the feel of the T300, especially with a larger rim on it. I have a 32cm Momo rim modded onto the 458 GTE wheel. Which I'll admit is a bit extravagant when the 30cm alcantera 599xx rim is reported to be very nice, at half the price! They do a complete setup with the 599xx rim and T3PA pedals which is good value if you can find a good deal on it: "Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral - Alcantara Edition".

Latest Posts

Back