G29 FFB, is it the game or my wheel?

• Thread starter D1RTIEST
  • 19 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
D1RTIEST
I know there's been a million threads on this already, but I still can't find a definite answer.

I had a G27 a while ago which I used for F1 20-something and Dirt. The road feel through the wheel was good, I could feel when I was over/under steering and the rumble when I went over a curb. I also had it hooked up to GT6 at one point and I remember it felt just as good (I don't have a PS3/PC/G27 anymore)

The problem is I don't feel any of this on GTSport with the G29. It's definitely in PS4 mode and i've played around with the settings endlessly.

The wheel feels the same almost all the time, and I feel like the FFB only kicks in when I spin and go off the track. It seems crazy to say but I get better road feel from my DS4 controller. Does this sound like GTS issue or do I need to exchange my G29?

If you have the pennies wait a bit until Assetto Corsa Ultimate edition drops to the price of a 1st class stamp, which it will, and purchase it. Then you will have something to compare GTS ffb with and know if it's your wheel or not.

Tl;dr, It's GTS :D

G29 FFB is definitely muddy and vague in GTS. I used a G25 on PC, PS2, and PS3 in almost every sim you can think of starting with GP Legends and GT4, and my G29 on GT5, GT6 and GRID Autosport on PS3 and PC1 and GTS on PS4, and the GTS FFB is several steps backward. I do find that tweaking the Steering Sensitivity helps from car to car- some cars are really twitchy at higher settings, and settle down if you back it down a little. If you find yourself countersteering a lot, drop the SS by 1-2 and see if it helps.

Is he the only person who uses it?

Actually I switched it off when I loaded up the game and never used it. It could be amazing for all I know.

No, loads of the very top guys use it and loads below that because it's a safety net against random unpredictable spins you can get, mainly in Gr.3 cars and above and it can also make some easier to drive with very little downside.

I understand the reasoning behind using CSA. I just think better control response would eliminate the need. I've recovered from some ridiculously lurid slides in PC1; in GTS I would have been looping and rolling through the trees. Is it control response, or is it GTS's "once it's gone, it's gone forever" grip logic? Could this be controller signal latency in the server-based GTS vs. PC1 running "locally"?

I have tryed to make my car feel good on my wheel. I dont care zero about fast laptime, i just want have fun and feel good car/ffb. Its maybe hard to belive but you can adjust the car setup to make your ffb feels more alive and more response. Other tyres also give diffrent ffb feel. Comfort soft FTW :)
Play arround with ff strenght, sens, car ridehight, camber, springs ect...

I have tryed to make my car feel good on my wheel. I dont care zero about fast laptime, i just want have fun and feel good car/ffb. Its maybe hard to belive but you can adjust the car setup to make your ffb feels more alive and more response. Other tyres also give diffrent ffb feel. Comfort soft FTW :)
Play arround with ff strenght, sens, car ridehight, camber, springs ect...

Problem is you can't do any of that in Sport Mode.

I've returned my G29 as it's just much fun playing GTS with no decent feedback

I used my G29 on the GTS beta, & the demo. The FFB was extremely poor, & the physics weren't all that either. GT6's FFB & physics were much better by comparison. Haven't tried the full game with all the latest updates (don't want to either), but by what people are posting in here it hasn't improved much. Your G29 is fine, & GTS is the problem.

Back