G29 issue or GT7 Glitch?

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 18 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Anyone else having this issue or know how I can fix it? It's happening on several cars. Basically, when I'm going into a tight turn, the steering locks at 90 degrees in the game and the car won't turn, but if I keep turning further it frees itself. Not sure if something is wrong with my wheel or I have some sort of weird glitch?

You will receive a lot of comments saying all types of answers.

But my opinion is that currently the GT7 tire physics is really bad, causing poor steering response linearity between on-center and off center and poor turn in response, tires side wall just not supportive enough to general lateral response.

I also had this happen on Blue Moon Bay oval on the tight corner in a C3 corvette with height adjustment springs, I was using a DD Pro.
I think the physics has a bug, as I could get it to stop doing it by lifting the ride height.

It’s not a bug, if you watch the replay you will see the tire contact the fender. Once this happens the game will no longer let you turn any further. I thought it was a controller error untill I delved a bit deeper and did some investigating. After around 30mins I had narrowed it down to 4wd/awd vehicles. Spent some time playing with front diff setting, purchased the extended angle kit etc untill I finally noticed it in a replay of my r32 Gtr around Tsukuba. With the front ride height any lower than 100mm with 2.8 front spring stiffness it is impossible to catch any sort of slide, steering maxes out at about 1/3 full lock. Can even see it in the steering indicator on the hud. The red dot won’t even go completely to the side. Stay above that and it is perfectly fine. Pretty cool detail, just wish it wasn’t so hard to identify. They could have atleast made the controller rumble 100% when fender contact is made, so you have some sort of inclination that something was wrong with the car setup.

Nah pretty sure that's a bug, and it seems to have gotten worse after update today. If car is too low the wheel will rub the fender, it wont stop you from turning the tires. Today I was driving my FD that was perfecty fine yesterday. The steering locks at a certain degree and it lost input, just driving into the apex. On a G923 and the wheel was still active and started to countersteer and feed throught my hands. The game was still just turning in and locked.

edit: ok so found on reddit. it is the wide wheels. go back to standard width and it goes away. That's a cool "feature"

Last edited:
Anyone else having this issue or know how I can fix it? It's happening on several cars. Basically, when I'm going into a tight turn, the steering locks at 90 degrees in the game and the car won't turn, but if I keep turning further it frees itself. Not sure if something is wrong with my wheel or I have some sort of weird glitch?

It's a bug it happened to my tuned Nissan R32. Will post a video soon.

Ps: is that thing tuned? vtec sounds aggresive.

Last edited:
It's a bug it happened to my tuned Nissan R32. Will post a video soon.
I've been told that it was not a bug, that a car tuned too low will limit steering angle by the tire rubbing on the fenders. I went back and raised the ride height and added some camber and it's better.

I tried reseting my R32 to stock and it's still happening to me though. I'll try reseting my r32 again tonight see if it fixes the problem.

I guess there are some cars with this problem, I encountered this with the Nissan GT-R R32 too, but even on one or two others cars I forget about 'cause I am not using them any more. It seems to be a bug, we did never have this behavior in GTSport at least with the GT-R 32.

It’s not a bug, if you watch the replay you will see the tire contact the fender. Once this happens the game will no longer let you turn any further. I thought it was a controller error untill I delved a bit deeper and did some investigating. After around 30mins I had narrowed it down to 4wd/awd vehicles. Spent some time playing with front diff setting, purchased the extended angle kit etc untill I finally noticed it in a replay of my r32 Gtr around Tsukuba. With the front ride height any lower than 100mm with 2.8 front spring stiffness it is impossible to catch any sort of slide, steering maxes out at about 1/3 full lock. Can even see it in the steering indicator on the hud. The red dot won’t even go completely to the side. Stay above that and it is perfectly fine. Pretty cool detail, just wish it wasn’t so hard to identify. They could have atleast made the controller rumble 100% when fender contact is made, so you have some sort of inclination that something was wrong with the car setup.
I tried raising my ride height but I'm still getting the same issue. I'm even having that issue on some stock cars. It only seems to happen when I'm turning right 🙁

Are you turning left and right at the same speed? Because what I see here is that the cars are tested on a certain route in one direction, but the curves are completely different in each case.. please consider that all vehicle movements are to be simulated.. the higher the speed, the higher the weight on which one side is pressed.

I have this problem as well although I’m on a thrustamaster t300rs gt

My fiance will be just entering a race and it will be in auto drive and the car just crashes if he has the steering wheel plugged in and then continues even when auto drive is off

A good thing to do is plug your wheel into your pc and update the firmware on it. The latest for the G29 is 5/25/22. I did this yesterday and it feels a lot better. In the ghub I also clicked on centre spring and turned it up to 20 from 10 which gives you more fine turning detail in the wheels deadzone. You can see the drivers hands moving more accurately in cockpit no split second lag in the dead zone. Also set max torque to 2 or 3 and sensitivity to 2 because that's all this little guy can handle before it starts giving you false information. 😉

This is 100% a bug, encountered on 2 different wheels (G29 and T300RS) and a controller (Both my own and a friends on separate PS's) and across multiple different stock and tuned cars.

Originally sold my G29 thinking that may have been the issue, only to find out it was a bug all along.

Its annoying as hell as its spoiling some cars for me such as the Civic EK9.

For context on the bug for those who seemed to think it was some sort of in-game setup issue:

When turning the wheel at any point you can turn up to the max lock of your steering wheel, however in certain corners and scenarios, the game completely locks the steering at 90 degrees no matter where your IRL steering is. Typically this "Unsticks" when the player hits the grass or after a short amount of time, as shown in OP's vid. I have a vid of the exact same using the EK9 on the same bend.

Nah pretty sure that's a bug, and it seems to have gotten worse after update today. If car is too low the wheel will rub the fender, it wont stop you from turning the tires. Today I was driving my FD that was perfecty fine yesterday. The steering locks at a certain degree and it lost input, just driving into the apex. On a G923 and the wheel was still active and started to countersteer and feed throught my hands. The game was still just turning in and locked.

edit: ok so found on reddit. it is the wide wheels. go back to standard width and it goes away. That's a cool "feature"
I have a g923 and I was already thinking that it was broken because in some cars it seemed to turn off the signal in the middle of the curve but it never presented a problem on the pc only on the ps5, I tested the original wheels and I had to raise the suspension apparently stopped the problem, which happened mostly on all rx7 fd

Back