G29 not calibrating on ps4 after working on ps3

Australia
Australia
Hi

I've Just tried to sync my g29 with a ps4 after using it with ps3 with no problems for months.

When the usb cable is plugged in the wheel spins as normal but then doesn't appear to be recognised at all. I've tried the ps3 - ps4 switch on top of the wheel but without success.

I'm starting to wonder if the button is faulty but it still works with my ps3.

Cheers

Connect it to a PC check the PS3 vs PS4 mode there. It won't work on PC in PS4 mode. Check and update the firmware as well.

Thanks Daz555.

I've now done that and when plugged in to pc the buttons all work as normal. Unfortunately they're still not working when plugged bag in to the ps4. It seems to be possibly stick in ps3 mode regardless of the switch position. Is there any way to check the switch? There seems to be very little resistance when sliding the switch, no click or anything.

I have opened the wheel up to remove the table clamps in the past and I'm wondering if I've damaged something in the process.

Thanks Daz555.

I've now done that and when plugged in to pc the buttons all work as normal. Unfortunately they're still not working when plugged bag in to the ps4. It seems to be possibly stick in ps3 mode regardless of the switch position. Is there any way to check the switch? There seems to be very little resistance when sliding the switch, no click or anything.

I have opened the wheel up to remove the table clamps in the past and I'm wondering if I've damaged something in the process.
That may be the case when you have opened up the wheel and may have damage something, the switch should click into that mode on top of the wheel. You may have to open up the wheel again to have a look, and see why the switch is not working in PS4 mode.

I've looked at it and can't see any broken bits or any reason why it's not working.

Is there any way to 'lock' it into ps4 mode as I won't be using it with ps3 anymore?

I've looked at it and can't see any broken bits or any reason why it's not working.

Is there any way to 'lock' it into ps4 mode as I won't be using it with ps3 anymore?
Try holding it with your finger in PS4 mode and see if that works first that way.

I've taken it all apart, and stuck the switch in ps4 position. When first turned back on the shift lights came on and stayed on and the light on the switch was flashing, but it still wouldn't work. Now the shift lights come on during calibration but then go off and the switch light is constantly on, but still no good...

Is the light meant to be on or off in ps4 mode?

Are you pressing the PS button on the wheel? You do need to do this so the wheel is registered with your current user.
None of the buttons react. The wheel spins, but then nothing. I opted to take the wheel into warranty repair. Let's see what they come up with.

Back