G29 Pedals with unusual problem, any ideas?

• Thread starter RuddRacer
  • 8 comments
United States
Texas
RuddRacer
A couple weeks back I noticed my brake pedal was occasionally sticking so I cleaned the pots and all debris from inside the unit. Problem solved.?

A couple of days ago I noticed the ABS light flashing when not using the brakes. I thought it was (intermittently) sticking again but realized the position of the accelerator could make it come or go.

I figured I pinched a wire or did something wrong when putting it back together. Yesterday I opened it back up could not find anything obvious so cleaned everything and triple checked how the wires were routed. Tested it before putting back together and worked fine. Used it last night and this morning without issue until just now.

Anyone ever experience anything like this or have suggestions what to troubleshoot?

Time for a deep clean. The issue is most likely the sensor, happened to me a couples of years ago.

Ultimately you’re going to have to take it apart and clean the sensor area. There’s a few YouTube videos that go through it. If you have all of the right tools it shouldn’t take too long.

Time for a deep clean. The issue is most likely the sensor, happened to me a couples of years ago.

Ultimately you’re going to have to take it apart and clean the sensor area. There’s a few YouTube videos that go through it. If you have all of the right tools it shouldn’t take too long.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree, it does make the most sense that the brake pot is still the problem.

Think it would be easier/ faster to just swap pots with the clutch?

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, it does make the most sense that the brake pot is still the problem.

Think it would be easier/ faster to just swap pots with the clutch?
Yes swap pods out but remember to swap guts of pods. The guts are different the brake has the rubber thing.

A couple weeks back I noticed my brake pedal was occasionally sticking so I cleaned the pots and all debris from inside the unit. Problem solved.?

A couple of days ago I noticed the ABS light flashing when not using the brakes. I thought it was (intermittently) sticking again but realized the position of the accelerator could make it come or go.

I figured I pinched a wire or did something wrong when putting it back together. Yesterday I opened it back up could not find anything obvious so cleaned everything and triple checked how the wires were routed. Tested it before putting back together and worked fine. Used it last night and this morning without issue until just now.

Anyone ever experience anything like this or have suggestions what to troubleshoot?
A can of compressed air or computer duster and a quality contact cleaner spray. I like WD-40 Brand of Contact Cleaner. Not the regular wd-40 lubricant. Good luck 🍻

I just had this exact same problem, less the gas pedal thing. The brakes would just barely be intermittently applied, you could see the ABS light flutter and the brake bar flutter as well. I took the pedal system apart, cleaned it all out (dust, dog hair, etc.) using a vaccum, compressor, and used some electrical cleaner on the pots (do NOT use the regular WD40).

Fixed the problem for me.

A can of compressed air or computer duster and a quality contact cleaner spray. I like WD-40 Brand of Contact Cleaner. Not the regular wd-40 lubricant. Good luck 🍻
Thanks for replying.
I've done that twice (used that exact contact cleaner) but the problem comes back a few days latter.
I just had this exact same problem, less the gas pedal thing. The brakes would just barely be intermittently applied, you could see the ABS light flutter and the brake bar flutter as well. I took the pedal system apart, cleaned it all out (dust, dog hair, etc.) using a vaccum, compressor, and used some electrical cleaner on the pots (do NOT use the regular WD40).

Fixed the problem for me.
As @GingerBredMan recommended looks like I'm going to need to do a "deep clean" and actually disassemble the pot. Was waiting on the dielectric grease to get here from Amazon (arrives today) before opening it back up. Worst case I will take the one from the clutch.

Take a look here.

Fantastic.

https://www.axc-sim.com/
Thanks, I'm aware they make replacement pots (better design than original) for the Logitech pedals. If it comes to that I will order from them.

I appreciate all the feedback I received. :cheers:

Back