G29 problem

• Thread starter gapper59
  • 11 comments
United States
Addison IL.
Anybody else have this problem where the game occasionally pauses while turning the wheel?

It really sucks during a race, not just for me but for anybody behind me it might have affected
in sport mode in the last couple days. So apologies for any races I might have ruined.

I bought the G29 in 2016 thinking GTS was coming out soon so the warranty is up and Logitech
won't honor it, I tried. I decided to stuck with GT6 and the old G27 till GTS came out in October.
The G29 stayed in the box till then and has worked fine up until yesterday.

I take brakes in between races and always turn off the power to the wheel when not using it so
I don't think its an over heating issue.

I realize there's probably no way to fix it, but I had to give this a try on the outside chance
somebody's resolved an issue like this in the past.

Thanks for any suggestions

This is a wheel issue right. It may also be a good idea to hit the SIM HARDWARE section as well. Sorry I don't have a wheel, but I do like to help.

Maybe you could reassign the Options button to a useless button (e.g. wipers) in the PS4 settings?

Edit: no, you can't :/

Anybody else have this problem where the game occasionally pauses while turning the wheel?

It really sucks during a race, not just for me but for anybody behind me it might have affected
in sport mode in the last couple days. So apologies for any races I might have ruined.

I bought the G29 in 2016 thinking GTS was coming out soon so the warranty is up and Logitech
won't honor it, I tried. I decided to stuck with GT6 and the old G27 till GTS came out in October.
The G29 stayed in the box till then and has worked fine up until yesterday.

I take brakes in between races and always turn off the power to the wheel when not using it so
I don't think its an over heating issue.

I realize there's probably no way to fix it, but I had to give this a try on the outside chance
somebody's resolved an issue like this in the past.

Thanks for any suggestions
Its a problem with your G29, and it is a common issues with some G29 wheels.

It could be that you are hitting (touching ) the pause button while driving and nothing is wrong with your wheel except the design of the wheel. Try making a (cutout) of some sort that will be higher than the three buttons (start, pause, share) so you don't press on them while driving.

It could be that you are hitting (touching ) the pause button while driving and nothing is wrong with your wheel except the design of the wheel. Try making a (cutout) of some sort that will be higher than the three buttons (start, pause, share) so you don't press on them while driving.
Pretty sure he would notice that. After all, it would require taking your hand off the wheel.

When I am using my G29, I keep my hands on the wheel.

I got 9 months of it with no problems. So is it just a $400 piece of garbage now?

I just googled your issue and it seems a handful of people have it. Apparently the wires going to the connecting block are pretty fragile and they get stretched / crimped / de soldered over time.

I'm not sure how mechanically inclined you are but I personally would take the wheel apart and see what I can find. isolate the pause button wire and reconnect it or just remove it altogether

:)
Maybe it's possible to detach the wheel's pause button completely and use a pad for pause instead?

I just googled your issue and it seems a handful of people have it. Apparently the wires going to the connecting block are pretty fragile and they get stretched / crimped / de soldered over time.

I'm not sure how mechanically inclined you are but I personally would take the wheel apart and see what I can find. isolate the pause button wire and reconnect it or just remove it altogether

Thanks for taking he time to help out. I was considering that as a last resort and I guess I have nothing to lose now

That is the solution to the problem.

Back